Chapter 04. The Balance of Powers

On Monday came the usual routine: Conan took me to school, I took classes in Dragonian Literature, History of Magical Beings, Applied Mathematics and optional languages, I'm doing elvish with Flan, Bard says it's a waste of time since the pure elves are rare and hardly ever appear in our city, but the hopes of finding a beautiful and sexy elf with pointed ears continue.

After class I went home, cleaned my room and did my homework. As soon as night came, as well as Tuesday, along with geography, art class, yoga to strengthen the aura and physical. During the break, Flan kept on thanking me for being able to attend his father's party, we agreed that the driver would pick me up at 19:00, the reception would start at 19:30.

Alanis was extremely happy when I asked her for advice on how to dress and, when I say happy, I want to say that my sister was hysterical. She locked me in her room, took all her dresses out of the wardrobe, made me try on ten of them, in the end, we opted for a sleeveless salmon lace that was really fabulous, she took another two hours doing a braid and makeup. Grandma lent me her pearl earrings and Mom gave me a handbag, the only thing of mine was a black scarpin. I'm not a fan of princess days, but when I looked in the mirror I felt really special.

— You look fabulous, dear. - My mother gave a last touch with a hint of her perfume. I loved it when she lent it to me, smelled like cinnamon and cherry blossom, I felt very special, maybe a little bit like her.

The truth is that I didn't look anything like my mother, since Alanis was the pure stamped beauty of Lady Edna. Fitting my sister's dress was my silent victory.

— You really lost weight these past few months, Aimil, you look beautiful. - Malloy whistled playfully. - Soon we will have hawks hanging around here.

— Nobody rounds my sister! First they ask me for permission. Conan clenched his fists.

— With this posture all of Aimil's aspirants will rush out in fear. - Grandma crossed her arms, protesting.

— You want to stop talking about me like I'm not here! - I raged, finishing putting on the earrings.

— Don't you want anything to put on your neck, Aimil? - Alanis asked. - A choker?

— Maybe she wants to go with that terrible necklace she bought at the fair. - Malloy smiled. - It's her face.

— Hey, I don't make fun of your striped shirts and you don't mess with my taste for exotic things. - I cursed.

— What necklace is that, Aimil?

— I got from Flan's. - I opened my jewelry box showing my new purchase. - It's a blue dragon scale. Isn't it beautiful?

— You teenagers need to stop being deceived, that's what. How much did you pay for this forgery?

— Stop playing the adult, Conan, and I don't really care if it's fake, I love it. - I looked at the small scale stuck to the glass. - It's my treasure.

— For if it is your treasure, use it, dear, it will look beautiful. - Mom smiled hugging me.

— Not in that dress, mom! - Alanis protested. - Doesn't match!

The heated discussion about how to dress and behave at the granfinos party was interrupted by the horn of the Flan's driver.

I distributed kisses, promised Conan that I would not be easy to any rich stuck up man, for Malloy I would mentally write down all the dishes served, checking the gastronomic fashion of the season and then I went down.

The driver picked me alone, he was very friendly and very soon we were in Sullivan property. It was an imposing mansion built in a thousand square meters and surrounded by a classic garden.