CHAPTER TWO: Sheets

Oh dear god almighty...

Now, I wasn't against cleaning. I was happy to scrub, sweep, dust and mop, but I hadn't expected to walk into what I could only deem a toxic waste dump.

Yonji's room was atrocious, and I had no idea where I would start. Empty wrappers and half eaten plates of food laid thick upon the floor, his duvet was wedged in his dresser, and clothing was strewn about as though he had been planning to start his own boutique.

The other maid staff had insisted it was cleaned daily, so what on earth had he been up to within those twenty four hours? Even his fitted sheet was messed up, scrunched into a ball and discarded in the middle of the room.

I don't think I even wanna know...

Heaving a sigh and wheeling my cart of cleaning supplies to the side, I grabbed one of what would likely be several garbage bags and set to work picking up the trash. Nearing the end, my back was already starting to ache, and my gloves were sticky with only god knew what.

Once that was done, I threw both the sheet and duvet onto the bed, gathered and scraped the plates, and began to mop the floor. If it had been carpeted, I probably would have stuck my head in the water bucket and waited for death's sweet embrace.

With the floor completed, it was time to dust, and thankfully it was quick work, whilst as filthy his floor had been, everything else was pretty clean.

Lastly, it was time to remake the bed, and it served as the most difficult task. The bed was huge - much too big for a single person - and fitted sheets, as a whole, were impossible. Every time I got one corner and rounded the bed to the next, they'd pop off, curling back to the middle. Why were the World Government fighting pirates when the true villain was this horrendous linen creation? 

"Oh, that's it! No more Miss Nice Girl!" Rolling up my invisible sleeves, I cracked my neck and leaned over the mattress, trying to hold the bottom corner whilst hopelessly reaching for the opposing top. I almost had it, so very very close, but it was short lived. 

"Ohoho? Did I forget my birthday? Why else would a prime piece of ass be ready and waiting for me on my bed?" 

I was in danger. My entire body told me so, with pulses and prickles, leaving my breath short and my chest tight. There was no point in turning around, because I knew exactly who stood behind me. Prince Vinsmoke Yonji. What had Cosette told me about him again? That he was immature and obnoxious, right? He had sounded like the least threatening of the three, but still not a situation I wanted to be caught in. Especially not behind a closed bedroom door. 

It's fine...Just stay calm. Maybe Cosette and Princess Reiju were just exaggerating... 

"M..my apologies, Your Highness...Once I finish making the bed, I'll be out of your way..." I used my most formal tone, praying as I stretched to reach the corner of the fitted sheet that he would show me a little mercy. 
"Nah...I don't think you will be..." 

When I heard the click of a lock, every fiber of my being stood on end. There would be only one reason he would lock us in the room together, and the mere thought of what was going to happen made my guts twist into the most complicated of knots that would take forever to untie.

The toes of my shoes were the only thing touching the ground at this point, my position questionable, at the very least, and I knew that if he so wished, he could do whatever he wanted with me. 

Finally gaining a touch of courage, I shifted and twisted so that I could look over my shoulder, eyes falling upon the young prince. Lawn green hair was slicked back into a point, giving his head the appearance of some kind of exotic spring onion.