Tain Arc Chapter I: Meeting The Flame Hashira

Start from the beginning

Rengoku: UMAI!

Tanjiro: Um, excuse me-

Rengoku: UMAI!

Tanjiro: R-Rengoku?-

Rengoku: UMAI!!!

Tanjiro: Uh we get that part already....

Y/N: Are there any left over?

Time skip by Inosuke and Y/N fighting over boxes of food.

Rengoku: Smiles. So you're the kid from that day at the master's meeting?

Tanjiro: Smiles. Yes. I'm Tanjiro Kamado. These are my friends, Zenitsu Agatsuma, Inosuke Hashibira, and Y/N L/N.

Rengoku: Smiles at Y/N. And you're the kid who saved Tanjiro sister.

Y/N: Yup, sorry about crashing at the meeting back then. Oh yeah, her name is Nezuko by the way.

Rengoku: I see. And inside that box there.

Tanjiro: Yup, she's in there.

Rengoku: Right! That demon we saw that day huh? Since the masters acknowledged her, I won't say any word for now.

Tanjiro is relieved to hear that from a hashira as Rengoku offers him a seat next to him. Zenitsu and Inosuke sits as well while Y/N sits across.

Rengoku: So what are you four doing here? A mission?

Tanjiro: We received an order from Y/N Kasugai crow. He said "The casualties of the Mugen Train are increasing. Join Rengoku on site."

Y/N: Now that we did, we can join forces together. Like pack of wolves.

Rengoku: Smiles. Yes! I see now! Understood!

Tanjiro & Y/N: Right.

Tanjiro: Also, there one more tuing. Something I wanted to ask you.

Rengoku: Smiles. What is it?

Tanjiro explain about his father and ask Rengoku about Hinokami Kagura dance. They both stayed silent until Rengoku spoke.

Rengoku: Right. But I know nothing.

Tanjiro: Huh?

Rengoku: I've never heard anything of Hinokami Dance before. But its truly commendable that your father was able to adapt his Kagura Dance to battle. All right, end of discussion!

Tanjiro: Worried. Um, can you try to help me a little more?

Y/N: What about the Dragon Breathing? I remember you mentioned something about that before.

Rengoku: Right. But I never met anyone with that technique. Just the stories of it.

Y/N: Oh.

Rengoku: But my father has. He mentioned that she saved my mother during the demon slayer mission.

Y/N: 'Huh, they must've been good friends.'

Rengoku: To Tanjiro. You should become my apprentice! I'll look after you!

Zenitsu: 'He's totally weird, all right.'

Rengoku: Flame breathing has a long history. In any given era, there's always been a flame and water swordsman among the hashira. But a dragon swordsman is rare to be in a demon slayer.

Rengoku explain about the five elements that those are fundamental breathing techniques while the others techniques were created from them like a branch but the origin of the dragon breathing technique is a mystery