Chapter 21 ( Lost home )

Jimin's POV

Jimin's POV

"Jungkook is clearly hiding something." After meeting Jungkook , I had directly reached to pay Y/n a visit. Well everything was going well until I chose the wrong words to speak. Bringing Jungkook under suspicion was a great fault in our conversation. And right then Y/n could only glare at me with disbelief held in her eyes.

"You can hold anyone in the suspect but Jungkook ? Seriously Jimin , this does not make sense. And we are forgetting the fact that he was ready to risk his life just to save me !" I could find myself being wrapped in that foreign sense of discomfort once she was taking his side. I knew her reasons , Jungkook was the first one to reach out his hands for help at the time when she needed someone the most.

But no matter how much I tried to make myself understand that it was nothing but only gratefulness towards a person ; that notion kept on triggering my conscience that why wasn't I the one to be the first one to reach out ?

And that hunch caused nothing but more mess reflecting within the peaceful conversation which was slowly arousing to an argument.

"We are not forgetting anything Y/n. You are the one who can't see the change. I went to meet him and he was acting anything but suspicious. That guy changed within a span of night ! He might not have any motive behind the attack on you but he is surely hiding something from us."

At that moment I didn't care whether I was yelling out my point and that only brought up another debate between us. "The main point is tomorrow's incident and you are telling yourself that he does not have any motive behind that . Then why are we pulling him into this conversation?"

" And doesn't he have a choice to say what he wants to let us know ? Maybe that attack triggered him , it can be possible that he might have lost someone close to him in something similar to what had happened yesterday. I should go and apologise to him but here I am talking behind his back !"

After her long explanation Y/n heaved out a deep breath , creases formed on her forehead , eyes held a touch of anger , only because Jungkook was brought under suspicion. This made me feel nothing but rage as well. How could she blindly trust someone whom she had barely known ?

The way she went overprotective towards Jungkook didn't help my thoughts and pushed them ahead to wonder whether she would ever react like this if someone was blaming me.

But oh well ! How could I even expect that when I was her tormentor once… that thinking made a sarcastic breathy laugh leave my gape. "You don't trust me even a little bit…right ?" This shouldn't have hurt , this shouldn't even bother me. Her trust , or whatever she felt towards me , should have never been important to me but right then it felt as if my heart was being tugged down heavily with weight.