Chapter 33: There's no love like the first...working at it!

Chris Donovan vs. Shane Lewis

Pix of the candilicious Chris.

Video: Stay With Me by Sam Smith.

Enjoy!

***

Chris stretched and opened his eyes to Shane's amused eyes on him. "Hey." He murmured.

"Hey yourself." Shane grinned. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby." Chris yawned. "Fuck, I need a shower. I feel so sticky."

"Why don't you hit the showers here?" Shane said, leaning down to peck Chris lightly on the lip. "I'll go get you something to eat." Shane rolled out of bed and turned towards the door.

"Hey Shane?" Chris called out as he got out of bed too.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." Chris said, moving towards Shane, who promptly opened his arms to him. "Thanks for everything." Chris muttered with so much feeling against Shane's neck.

They hugged each other fiercely till Shane broke their embrace. "I love you." He whispered.

"Don't ever stop." Chris responded.

***

By the time Chris came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist, the bed had been made with fresh sheets and on it was his deodorant spray, boxer briefs, a grey sweatpants, a white t-shirt and a note on the pillow which said he should relax. Chris smiled at the note and dressed up. Then he turned on the forty-two inch LED television on the wall. He sat back and wondered what Shane was up to as he flicked through the channels.

Shane came into the room after a while, followed by Isabel, Jon's wife who took care of the house with her husband. Whilst Isabel pushed a trolley laden with assorted foods which smelt so good Chris' stomach growled, Shane held a bottle of wine and two wine glasses. He'd obviously taken a shower too as he now wore cargo shorts and a t-shirt. And as usual, Shane looked hot. Chris tore him eyes off his man with difficulty and focused on the food.

"Wow." Chris breathed. "That's a lot of food. Hello Isabel. Thanks so much for the food. I'm famished." He laughed too as Isabel began to laugh.

"That's all Chef Mario." She said, arranging the food on the table in the room. "He's simply the best."

Chris' eyes went to Shane's at Isabel's comment. He saw the amused smirk on Shane's face and flipped him off, making Shane burst into laughter.

"Thank you Isabel." Shane chuckled. "Please leave the trolley." He added when Isabel started to pull the trolley away. "Come on let's eat." He said to Chris as he opened the bottle of wine.

They enjoyed their meal, happily reminiscing about the fun they'd had in the house all those years ago. During their earlier tour of the house, they had both remembered but hadn't said much due to the tension between them. Now they reminisced and laughed whilst enjoying their meal. At a point, Chris had laughed so hard he'd began to choke, scaring he bejesus out of Shane. Shane was by his side in an instant, pushing a glass of water against his lips.

"Drink." He watched as Chris drank the water. "You okay?" Shane asked with concern.

"I'm fine." Chris said, clearing his throat. "Damn, we had some real good times in this house."

"We sure did." Shane said as he went back to his seat.

"And I enjoyed it more because you were here, Shane." Chris added quietly, watching as Shane smiled that smile that never ceased to make his heart pound faster.