23

narrator

--

it was monday, first day back after the whole carnival situation.

maddys first class was intro to calc in room 202. which, unfortunately, was in the upper left wing of the school. the air con wasn't working and sadly she was wearing a jumper over her turtle neck.

now if it was a normal day, maddy would have just taken off her jumper. but since nate choked her... maddy woke up three hours early, applied more concealer than a burn victim, and tried her best to cover up. to compound the problem, she also suffered from a drop in serotonin from the molly she took at the carnival. got depressed, and therefore hadn't had anything to eat or drink the entire weekend. plus, she was on her period.

maddy passed out that period which wasn't a good look.

--

'I'm fine. why is everyone like, so dramatic?' maddy said slumped back into her chair with her hands crossed over her chest. 'obviously, you've been through a lot this weekend... but my real concern is the bruising on your neck.' principle hayes pointed out. maddy froze and shook her head.

'there is no bruising on my neck.' she said trying to convince herself although she knew well about the bruises and how she got them. 'the paramedics saw it.' he added. 'yeah, well, they're lying.' she said as still as a mouse.

valerie

--

rue and jules sat alone at the lunch room near the lower wing where no one really ever was. i walked up to them and asked them if i could sit down. they both nodded and i took my place. we all sat there making small talk until we heard the main doors slam open.

it was nate in handcuffs with two officers to his side and his dad, cal jacobs, following them.

rues eyes widened and jules head dropped to her book which was laying flat on the table. once they exited the room, rue turned to jules and shot her a look.

'ok... one, what was that about? two, can we talk about the fact that you fucked nates dad?' she said whisper shouting. my mouth dropped as i looked at jules, her face becoming a dark and dangerous red.

'rue, swear to god, like on your life that you will never tell anyone. you too val.' she said as her face returned to the usual pasty colour. i quickly nodded still in shock. 'so you fucked nates dad?' i repeated looking over to jules then rue. i didn't really know much about the jacobs family, the only thing i knew was that nate was a dick who didnt deserve anything but hell. the only time i talked to him was the night of the carnival but before that he would always send smug looks to me every time we passed each other in the hall way. i was also told about things he's done which didn't surprise me, he seemed like that type of guy. he was tall, muscular, attractive and a popular jock, what more could you expect?

'yeah she did,' rues said pipping in. 'im serious. this is like... even if you decide you hate me one day. like, you can never tell anyone.' jules said getting closer to me and rue. 'why would I ever hate you?' rue asked pulling back and leaning on her. i nodded in response too. 'thats not the point. seriously, this is some go to your grave shit.' jules said looking in rues eyes. 'ok ok fine, i promise i won't tell anyone,' rue said whilst rolling her eyes which made jules smile.

as the two continued to be lovey dovey without realising, i felt my phone vibrate through my pocket so i reached to it and grabbed it.

ashtray
wanna come over tonight
fez asked if u wanna join our movie night

me
yeah sure, around what time tho?

ashtray
8
seen 12:24pm

i smiled down at my phone which made jules grab my phone from out my hands.

'jules i swear if you don't, give, it, back,' i heaved as i got up to try grab the phone from her hands. she quickly passed it to rue who started to read out the messages.

'wanna come over tonight?' rue said mocking his voice with a big smile on her face. i snatched it from rue and put my phone back into my pocket with a loud sigh. 'you're so annoying.' i said pressing my lips together while rue and jules grabbed each others faces and pretend to kiss each other, exaggerating the kisses and noises. 'you're actually so annoying,' i repeated looking at them amused.

they both pulled back and smiled, 'im going to go now since i hate you both,' i said letting a smile slip. 'byeee valll, we love youuuu.' jules said as i stood up to leave. i rolled my eyes and made my way out the canteen.

--

i knocked on the door and stood in the light rain as i waited for the door to open.

i turned around with my back to the door to see the view of the road on the stairs, rain slightly trickling my face, the cold rain rolling down my face like tears. i took a deep breath in of the cold air and heard the slow creek of the door open from behind me.

i turned around and saw ash in the doorway just staring at me. he moved to the side and let me walk in, 'sorry that im wet,' i said taking off my shoes and placing them next to the door on the mat.

'i was thinking you ain't gon come.' ash said ignoring what i said. before arriving i was thinking if i should go or not, it was currently 9:20, an hour and a bit after he asked me to come. 'im sorry i just got caught up with some stuff.' i told ash. he just nodded and walked into his room.

i stood there awkwardly because i didn't want to wet the couch.

fez walked in and flopped onto the couch with a little wave. 'hi val.' he said showing a small smile. 'sit val,' he said nodding down to the seat next to him. i smiled awkwardly as i looked down at myself, trying to show that i was wet.

ash suddenly walked in holding a black top and grey sweats in his arms. he passed them to me and laughed at the state of me. 'you gon have to start to pay for my clothes m,' he chuckled before sitting besides fez. i smiled and ran into ashs room.

i got changed as quick as i could and placed my wet clothes on the heater in ashs room facing the bed.

i went back into the living room where ash and fez sat with two big bowls of popcorn on each of their laps. 'close the light val,' ash said looking towards the door next to me where the light switch was. i closed the light and sat down next to ash.

fez grabbed the remote and started scrolling through netflix trying to find a film. 'any ideas?' fez asked after scrolling for a decent amount of time. 'hereditary?' i asked to which he nodded slowly before searching it in the search bar.

au
tell me how you like the 'narrators' pov because idk tbh
not proof read

1246 words