19.

I found myself happily humming under my breath as I walked to the park, where you had said you would be waiting for me.

As the park came into my view, I saw you sitting on the swing, slightly swinging front and back. A black hoodie was covering your head, but I could recognise you anywhere.

I walked towards the swings set, and, when you still hadn't noticed me, I gently pushed your swing forward, and went to sit on the other swing, swinging with you.

You weren't startled by the sudden movement, and just smiled in my direction. "Long time, no see," you had said.

I had hummed in response, and continued to swing back and forth, enjoying the feeling of the wind on my face, blowing my hair back.

I couldn't see anything around you, which might've been the gift you had apparently bought for me, but I didn't really mind its absence; you, just being there with me, was a gift in itself for me.

You must've noticed my eyes roaming around you, trying to discern what the gift was, subtly. You were extremely observant. You saw and observed everything, but didn't question anything. And I loved you more, because of that.

"The gift was too big to bring here," you had said, an amused glint in your eyes.

"What? Oh! The gift! Oh, I had totally forgotten about that! You didn't have to," I said, exaggerating my surprise, but internally feeling very happy.

'What sort of amazing gift would be too big for you and your muscular arms to carry?'

You had simply smiled. But that absolutely beguiling smile of yours began to droop, much like the swings we were too big to be sitting on.

I frowned, weirdly feeling pressed about the fact that you were unhappy about something. I couldn't let that happen; not when you became the sole reason I smiled, laughed, and lived.

x x x