viii.

{ long chapter

{ long chapter. }

{ viii. }

it's the week of homecoming. that's all anyone can talk about, it's getting really tiring.
me and sydney have been talking non-stop at school now. apparently, dina is going to homecoming with brad and she won't shut up about him.

after the party and then the whole situation at my house, sydney told me she likes me. i responded by saying that i feel the same way. for now, we haven't done anything about it but i'm thinking of asking syd to homecoming.

my sister has been very on and off with me since the night of the party. i don't know where she went that night but i'm worried something happened. she keeps avoiding me.
maybe this is her step into independence? she's never been very good at that..

on a another subject, i have pretty much planned how i will ask syd. it seems so simple in my head but everything is always easier said than done. i'm afraid i will mess it all up.

{ literature class }

mrs darby is handing out our books for our next assignment and i'm over in the corner feeling like i might shit myself at any given moment.

i can see stanley, dina, brad and sydney from my seat. dina keeps making puppy eyes at brad. he returns her expression with a quick air kiss. ew.

stanley keeps swivelling around to syd and trying to talk to her but ends up having to turn back around because mrs darby keeps telling him to face the front.

i snigger every time it happens, which gains odd looks from the other kids around me.

with a quick wave of my hand, i gain syd's attention.

i mouth a few words at her: "turn your phone on silent."

i see her quickly switch the button on the side of the phone so that it's now silent. finally.

i swipe my phone open and text her.

{ 2:30pm }

y/n
meet me after class?

syd
always
what for?

y/n
don't worry, it's about the assignment
:)

i switched off my phone for what felt like the 100th time today and stuffed it in my pocket. this was usually one of my favourite classes but today it went so slowly. great.