She

Summary; A bit of unrequited love as you realize your demanding feelings for a certain someone

Mirabel x reader <3

A little angst :(

Am I allowed, to look at her like that?

You were smacked in the back of the head by your best friend Camilo, who rolled his eyes playfully at you.

"Stop gushing over my cousin and pay attention to me. I'm far more pleasant to the eye, anyway!"

Could it be wrong when she's just so nice to look at?

You sent him your signature glare which told him to "back off", which - in fear of getting whooped - indeed did.

And she smells like lemongrass and sleep

You were without a doubt head over heels for that girl. All your sleepovers went the same way, every time.

She tastes like apple juice and peach

The cheerful girl pecked a platonic kiss to your cheek, something she did to most of her best friends. You felt your heart sting everytime as you tucked yourself into bed immediately after.

Oh, you would find her, in a polaroid picture

All you could manage to do was stare at her in her sleep. Just watch her features slowly contort as she dreamt.

And she, means everything to me

Camilo got bored of the lovesick sighs you let out. This was yours and Camilo's day. He mercilessly dragged you away from the scene, chanting, "WE are hanging out, y/n! Me and you!"

I'd never tell

Although you wouldn't admit it... everyone - especially Dolores - already knew your feelings. Everyone except a certain girl.

No I'd never say a word

I mean - you could barely confess these feelings to yourself. How could you ever be sure they were real?

And oh it aches

Except something deep down told you they were real. And it hurt; love hurt.

But it feels oddly good to hurt

And still, you savored the butterflies that flocked in your stomach.

She smells like lemongrass and sleep

Camilo gave up as you once again began daydreaming.

She tastes like apple juice and peach

He transformed into Mirabel, "oh, my love! Kiss me!" he mocked, poking his lips out at you.

Oh, you would find her, in a polaroid picture

You pushed his face away as he giggled at his own shenanigans.

And she means everything to me

But with Camilo teasing you brought upon a familiar tinging in your chest.

Oh, oh

The same kind that happened when you felt love-hurt.

Oh, oh

The same kind that happens... when she is affectionately showering someone else with affection.

and I'll be okay

Someone else - who isn't you.

Admiring from afar

You watched as the girl you loved chatted with a friend, entwining their fingers and swinging their arms back and forth.

Cause even when she's next to me,

Her curls bounced as you noticed a glint in her eyes you've never seen before.

We could not be more far apart

A glint that was reserved for that special someone.

Cause she tastes like birthday cake, and storytime, and fall

Why did she have to toy with you like this? She was playing your feelings without even realizing.

But to her I taste of nothing at all

Because every kiss to the cheek the world to you - but to her, they mean nothing but a simple 'goodnight'.

And she smells like lemongrass and sleep

The smell of her perfume scattered the air as she brushed past you and Camilo. She gave a courtesy smile to the two of you as she passed.

She tastes like apple juice and peach

You instinctively touched your cheek as Camilo gave you a sympathetic frown.

You would find her in a polaroid picture

But nevertheless - she was perfect to you.

And she means everything to me

Because after all, she was your best friend.

Yes she means everything to me

Her best friend was all that you were - but you were fine with it so long as she was happy.

She means everything to me

You wouldn't leave her side, no matter what. You'll put up with the stinging and heartache if it means you get to savour even just her simple presence.

Because that's what she did to you - she made you feel how you've never felt before.

And turning back to Camilo, completely heartbroken albeit not letting it show, you give him a smile that he knew deep down was fake.

"Now, um... what were you saying?"

You give the girl one last glance with a small, genuine smile before turning back to Camilo.

Mirabel was perfect. And you wouldn't lose her to a little bit of puppy love.