🌠 All The Stars Are Closer

Summary; Young Mirabel and Camilo have a late night talk

Fluff (I needed me some Camilo and Mirabel fluff !)

"Come onnnn, Camilo! pleaseeeee?" The 4 year old pleaded with her slightly older cousin, who uncovered himself in bed.

"Fine! One time, okay? Abuela can't find out, though!" Mirabel squealed slightly in excitement as Camilo took her hand in his. He led her to the nursery window and opened it. He climbed out and onto the roof first, then helped Mirabel out.

Mirabel had a hard time containing her giggles as the two of them made their way to the highest peak, Bruno's tower. Seated on the roof of his tower, the two overlooked the village.

Sure, for 4 year olds they really were good at this. But it was mainly all Camilo's doing. Not only was he a good climber, but Mirabel would follow him to the ends of the earth. They were close, to say the least. Being only 3 months apart - with Camilo being the older one - they shared the nursery, and would do so until Camilo's gifting ceremony. And then, Mirabel's would come shortly after and they would both have their own room.

It wasn't a surprise to say that they were each other's favorite cousins.

"Look!" Mirabel pointed to a lone Toucan soaring through the night air, fluffing his feathers in the cool night breeze.

"That's neat! Mirabel, can I ask you a question?"

"Mhm." Mirabel hummed in agreement, not taking her eyes off the bird.

"What do you think our gifts will be?" Camilo asked, following Mirabel's gaze back to the bird.

"Hmm..." Mirabel allowed herself to think for a moment. "maybe you'll be able to climb really, really good!" Mirabel expressed.

"Maybe. I'm already a good climber!" Camilo nodded to himself as he proudly announced how good he was at climbing. "Maybe you'll be able to... um... teleport!" Camilo looked at his younger cousin excitedly, who turned to him with a smile and a small gasp.

"Oh, yeah! But Abuela says that no matter what king of cool gift we get, it'll be as special as us."

"Abuela is... um..." Camilo stumbled to find the right words to describe Alma.

"Wise?"

"Yeah! How'd you know?"

"Tio Bruno says so."

Camilo smiled, before turning his attention to the starry sky. The stars flickered in the dimly lit night, looming overhead like the sun.

He glanced towards his cousin, who shivered as the wind blew. Camilo looked at the sky one more time as silence fell between the two.

"I think we should go back now."

"Ooookay..." Mirabel drew out her words, causing young Camilo to laugh and help her up.

"Can we do this again tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, okay. BUT on one condition." Camilo dramatized his words.

"What?"

"You gotta get tia Julieta to make some arepa's!"

"Okay, deal!" the two young children shook hands, before making their way back to the nursery, ready for yet another day of fun and adventure tomorrow.