I Bet You

Summary; You and Camilo have a staring contest... loser has to clean Toñito's room

Camilo x reader

The silence was loud. Isabela, Luisa, Mirabel, and Dolores all stared at you and Camilo with wide, expectant eyes. Nobody said a word in this moment as the four kept by your side.

It was without doubt, a staring contest. One that you had to win. Otherwise, you would be respecting the serious and unwanted bet Camilo had given you.

Unsurprisingly, Camilo had a smug smile plastered on his face. He stared into your (e/c) eyes, obvious comfortable and confident with himself. He had the look that just said; this is too easy, I'll win this in a heartbeat.

You remained calm, looking slightly up into his forest green eyes. Your head was tilted slightly downword, eyes visible to everyone.

"Here we are, everyone! Approaching minute two, ladies and gentlemen..." Mirabel whispered into an invisible microphone, narrating the scene about her. "Camilo Madrigal stands confident, but Y/n L/n doesn't falter. Who will win the bet? And who will be the one to clean Antonio's room?"

Camilo's smile twitched into a smirk, his eyes unmoving. "Give up, Y/n. No way in a million years will you win against me." He boasted proudly.

"I do gotta say, Camilo hasn't been beat yet." Dolores chimed in, causing Camilo's smirk to grow only more.

"Yet." You whispered, but everyone clearly heard it.

You went silent after that, still unblinking. A subtle smile with your lips slightly parted rested on your face. You played the game with your mom a lot, you knew all the tricks to win. It was simple, wear out his patience to the point he'll start poking at you to give up.

Camilo leaned in a bit closer, your breath hitched in your throat as his warm breath hit against his skin. You had no doubt that this was part of his tricks.

His smirk grew as you noticeably grew nervous. You raised your chin slowly, eyes fixed on his. Your eyelids threatened to close any second now.

"Remember, unbeatable." Camilo whispered, his smirk growing as you fought the urge to blink. You smiled slightly.

"Oho... tough words, but I don't intend on losing to you, loverboy."

You tilt your head to the right slightly. You felt as if you could hear his heart pounding in his chest as the blood rushed into his cheeks.

His ears blush beneath his hair and his freckles dot his flushed face. He's lost his smugness at this point as he stares at you with wide eyes. Your sweet facade was lost as your confidence grew.

"It's okay. Save your pride, and blink. It was a good effort." You shrugged nonchalantly, mischief evidently twinkling in your eyes. The other Madrigals stood and watched in disbelief as Camilo grew closer to his loss.

Finally, Camilo couldn't take it any longer and broke into his fluster. He dropped his gaze to the ground and looked away from you, covering his face with his hands and groaning.

"Woohoo! We have a winner!!" Mirabel announced into the invisible microphone. Isabela, Dolores, and Luisa joined in on the cheering.

"Hey, that was foul play! Totally not fair!" Camilo's face was red as he tried to defend himself, but to no avail. Everyone was set on your victory.

You laugh and blink a few times, rubbing your left eye. "It was a good effort, though!" you admitted, whilst also exaggerating your expression of pity. Camilo groaned, but kissed your nose despite it all.

"We can have a rematch again sometimes. Y'know... so that you can lose again." You smile at the boy as you walk off with the girls, conversing in conversation.

And just like that, Camilo was left alone, completely flustered standing with his mouth slightly agape.

Sure, he was a self-entitled idiot at times, but truthfully, he was your self-entitled idiot.