Special Training [Rantaro x Free]

Requested by @--Ren Wu Sun--

WARNING: Missed/Wrong words.

•••

Rantaro notices.... Some kind of gap between his rival and friend Valt Aoi. A gap that is so far away from his to Valt.

Okay, what I'm getting that is. That Valt is getting powerful, too powerful. For Rantaro to reach out to him, for Rantaro to catch up. He's getting worried that he'll fall behind, that he'll trip and will never be able to catch up. So he plans on doing Training! While Valt with Shu is in Japan, he needs to erase that huge gap between him and his best friend, he has to. Or else he'll be just a disgusting amateur that hangs out with a champion.

He launched his bey forcefully into the stadium, as he launched again, and again, and again. "Haah..." Many beads of sweat was dropping on the ground. He couldn't reach, he can't reach, Valt was unreachable. "Hah... Haah.."
His friends and other members just stared at him completely surprised or confused, they have never seen Rantaro Kiyama, the head Honcho, getting so serious, even Silas was surprised. He even tried to convince Rantaro to take a water break and or to calm down and take it easy. "Hahh.." But he just simply ignores them.

Now he'll live his forever life, with a small piece of strength to grow stronger, and a huge piece of worthlessness that'll never disappear. "Haah.." He wonders what caused Valt to win.

Well, he never founded out what it is, but one day... A certain person told him.

--

It was afternoon. Rantaro was just enjoying his walk in the forest, feeling fresh by the wind that was blowing through gently on his body. While thinking of balancing his training, and his hang out with friends.

"Hmmnnn.."
"....... Uh?"

He suddenly felt chills on his shoulder, and wind blowing through hard on him. Something or someone had their eyes on him. Rantaro began looking around, behind, left and to the right. But all he sees is trees, bushes, grass, flowers, rocks and other things that's on forests. Rantaro calmed down for a second, as he turns around to leave the forest, but screamed and almost fell, caused by a person standing in front of him.

"Free!? Haaaahh..!! You scared me.."
"I did? Sorry. I just wanted to talk to you. Uhh, what's your name again?"
"Wow bro, I- it's Rantaro Kiyama."
"Okay, come with me for a sec."
"Oh, sorry. I was just about to leave the forest actually."

Free stopped his step to turn around to look at Rantaro with a side look, and said. "It'll be just for a sec."

Rantaro sigh, and followed Free, walking deeper into the forest. Once they were almost there, Rantaro noticed the familiar road or path that they were walking onto. But he soon realized, Free was taking him in the stadium in the middle of the forest. The place where Free trains.

Once they got there. Free sits on a log and said. "Now, train here. I wanna see you train." "Hm? Why?" Asked Rantaro, with his arms crossed. Free didn't say anything, but just rests his chin on his palm. ".. Sure...?"

Rantaro counted down and launched. And launched, and launched once more. Until it was about an hour of Rantaro training, and making himself shower with his own sweat. Free watched his movements, his stand, his launch, listening to his panting or huffing, the beads of sweat dripping from his shoulders, neck, and face.

He smiled. He liked it all.

"Again."

"Haahh.. Hah.. W-why don't I take.. A w-water break..?"

"... I guess." "Here!"
Free tosses a water bottle to Rantaro, as he catches it. Free once more watched him, hearing the gulping, seeing some water drip down his chin, and watching his lips. Free suddenly stand up, as he went to the blonde. "Come back tomorrow, I'll train you." Rantaro had suddenly ran out of words from Free's gentle smile, so he just nod.

---

It was early in the morning, around 5:20 am, earlier than a chicken's morning routine scream.

Rantaro got up, went to shower, as he left the dorm building to the forest. Once he got there, he saw Free from a distance, sitting on the same log as yesterday, while looking at his bey. "Mm? You're here." "Mornin'.." "Okay, let's start."

--

They both counted down as they launched. It started of as Free as the winner, second round, Free wins again, and again, and again, and again. Roktavor gets burst, thrown, or runs out of stamina from exhaustion. Rantaro picks up his bey from the ground, sweat still dripping down his face. He huffed. "Why can't I win.." He mumble. Free looked at him with his bored look. ".. You wanna know the reason why Valt won in that battle?" Free began, while he tilted his head. "What it is?" Rantaro questioned back while standing up.

"It's Love."

Free looks up in the sky. "Love is what inspired or motivated Valt to win, I saw it in his eyes. Maybe that's why Valt and Shu returned to Japan to do some catching up."
Says Free while walking towards Rantaro.
"Then who am I even gonna love..?" ".... Hmmm." Free suddenly leans against on Rantaro's face.

".. Go find out for yourself."

Free leaned away. "Come on, let's continue." As Free walk towards the stadium, pulling out his bey. The day eventually ended for Free and Rantaro's training session.

---

1 week passed by, as Rantaro started to see different of his training partner Free, since the two of them had a short awkward conversation. He gets the strangest feeling, when he battles Free, or whenever Free looks at him, or when he looks at Free. But on the contrary, Rantaro has been getting a lot of wins in some practice battles at the gym. He was really getting excited, but he knows it wasn't enough to beat Valt, or even Free for that matter.

But still, aside from the beyblading. Rantaro wonders.. What are these feelings when I get close to Free...?

--

It was one day- I mean, sunset. Many beads of sweat was dropping down from Free and Rantaro's face.

"Let it.. RIP!!"

Even Free was getting exhausted, he even wears his serious face on and has his launcher, not like those past 6 days ago when Free just uses his hand.

"*sigh*" Free suddenly sigh. "Hah.. Water break?" "Yes."

As they were calming down, and wiping their sweat.. "Hey Free.." Rantaro starts a conversation. "A week ago, you told me love is what made Valt win, and.... I think I finally found it." "Really? That's why you've been winning a lot. Who?"

"... Y-.."
"F-Fr-...."
"Hm?.."
"M-mmn.."

".. I-it's- you.."

Free didn't looked surprised, he just smiled as he tilted his head.

"Glad you finally found it."

THE END

•••

BONUS

S5 Rantaro: *making a look that says 'if you don't give Hyuga another chance, I'll make your legs disable in bed.'*

S5 Free: *sweat drop* .... Fine.

Hyuga: *gasppp* Alright!!

S5 Rantaro: *runs up the stairs then hugged Free* Alright! I knew I can count on yah! Thanks Free! *suddenly whispers* But I'll still do it.

S5 Free: ...

END

Sorry for not making it fluff, it played a lot differently in my head.

Bai~♫!