𝟎𝟎.

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐔𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝟏𝟓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟐. When she first woke up all she could feel was the burning feeling that clawed at the back of her throat.
When she looked in the mirror she was horrified to find dark red eyes staring back at her. She's not sure who turned her, but all she remembers is waking up in an alley to see a beautiful stranger standing over her and the next moment she could feel an excruciating burn spreading through her veins.

Cora was always observant as as well beautiful. So when she woke up she noticed that her skin was cold and pale, as well as clear from any blemishes. Her lashes and hair looked healthier. She looked better in general. She looked perfect.
But a couple days later, she searched in hopes of seeing her grandmother. Cora found her and two minutes later she wished she was dead.
She killed her grandma, drained her clean. It was an accident. Her grandmother has always chewed her nails to the point where they'd bleed but during that moment she wished she hadn't had visited her, wished she hadn't smelt the blood.

Cora Auclair was enchanting, beautiful. She had the ability to numb people of pain. If you were being turned into a bloodsucker, she could numb your pain. But she could never numb her own.

"So... I heard a new girl was coming today. Isabella Swan." Cora tries to make conversation with the rest of her family, though they only glance at her.
"Hm. I'm sure someone will give them the talk about us." It was rather annoying really. Everyone would stare at them, talk about them, she hated it, and they all did for the most part.

Cora scoffs. "Yeah, I'm so excited." Rosalie offers a small smile her way before squeezing Emmett's hand. Cora watches the couple that walks in front of her, envy in her eyes. If only she had someone who would love her like that, who would make her feel wanted.
"Hm." Cora hears, rolling her eyes before turning to Edward. "I don't appreciate it when you read my thoughts, Edweirdo." He grimaces.
"Don't call me that." She smirks.

Rosalie and Emmett walk in first, Jasper and Alice following not far behind. Cora trips, nearly face planting if it weren't for Edward grabbing her arm and yanking her back.
"How can a vampire be so clumsy?" Edward jokes, opening the door for her. "Idiot."

Edward and Cora would have to be the closest out of the rest of the family. Not even a year after Cora was turned in 1962, Edward was in France for a short period when he came across Cora. She looked so young and sad. When he looked through her thoughts he couldn't help but pity her, she reminded him of Carlisle.
She had tried jumping off of the tallest buildings and cliffs, tried starving herself to death. Just like Carlisle had tried to do. She hated what she was and Edward promised that he and his family would help her and they did.

Edward doesn't look at anyone as they walk to their table. Only walking beside Cora and eavesdropping on everyone's conversations.
Cora makes eye contact with the new girl, Isabella, and grins at her.
Deciding against her better judgment, she too listens in.

"—that's Cordelia, or Cora Auclair. She's french, gorgeous accent, super sweet. Out of all of them, she's the only one who doesn't act like a total freak." Cora smiles at the praise but remembers that they're talking about her family and frowns.

"And that... is Edward Cullen. Totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently, nobody here is good enough for him. Like I care, you know" Cora can see Edward smirk to himself so she slaps him on the shoulder.
"I'm going to go say hello." Edward goes to stop her but she's already skipped away and towards their table with a grin.