Chapter 36 - Mount Natagumo Part 2

En başından başla

The two Hashira looked at each other, both refusing to put their swords down.

"I don't..." Giyuu started.

"I don't struggle to get along with others." Giyuu argued.

Tanjiro and Shinobu both looked in shock at Giyuu, who kept his calm demeanour.

"Out of everything I said, that's the one thing you want to insist on?" Shinobu asked.

"But I don't. I have friends." Giyuu replied.

"Giyuu-san, that's not important right now." Shinobu said.

"Little boy." Shinobu called out.

"Yes?" Tanjiro asked.

"What you're protecting there is a demon. I don't want you to get hurt, so please move out of the way." Shinobu said sweetly.

"You're mistaken... well, you're not mistaken. But, she's my little sister. So, you see..." Tanjiro attempted to argue.

"Oh, is that so? Poor thing. I shall use a gentle toxin to kill her, so she won't suffer alright?" Shinobu asked.

Tanjiro grabbed Nezuko tighter and felt fear take over him.

"Can you move?" Giyuu asked.

"What?' Tanjiro asked.

"Even if you can't... Make yourself move. Take your sister and run, you have no chance against her." Giyuu instructed.

"Tomioka-san... sorry for the trouble." Tanjiro said and began to run.

"Giyuu-san, I was willing to overlook the first thing since we are such good friends. But isn't what you just did a direct violation of corps rules?" Shinobu asked.

"It is." Giyuu responded.

"Who knew you were such a rebel. But you do know the consequences." Shinobu said.

"I do not wish to fight you. But this is something I must insist on." Giyuu said.

"So, this is something you're dead serious on? Whoever thought a Hashira would defend a demon." Shinobu said.

"Is it so different from Kanae's dream?" Giyuu asked.

"Do not bring her up Giyuu-san." Shinobu warned.

"I am sorry." Giyuu said.

"I cannot let that demon escape, we were ordered to eliminate all demons on this mountain." Shinobu reminded him.

"I will not let you." Giyuu said.

The two then quickly clashed swords, neither actually trying to hurt the other. It was more of a meeting of wills.

"Is this really how you treat the person who saved your life?" Shinobu asked.

"Don't try to make me feel bad." Giyuu said.

"So, you're refusing to give up on this then?" Shinobu asked.

"Yes." Giyuu answered.

Shinobu put her sword away, as did Giyuu.

"If I am asked what happened here, I will not tell anyone what you did. But I refuse to let you stall me for time." Shinobu said, then began to run towards the direction Tanjiro ran in.

Giyuu went to grab her, but Shinobu quickly leaped into the trees and began to run away.

Giyuu gave chase but fell behind, Shinobu was still faster than him.

The chase continued and Shinobu turned back and looked at Giyuu, who was chasing her from the ground.

"Is that your attempt at catching me? If you remember your rehabilitation training, you were never able to catch me during tag." Shinobu joked.