XXII

Dequavince Demaro Harris
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"You pissing me off." I tell MilkyWay as he tries to freestyle.

"It's not even that bad forreal." Middle Man shrugs.

"I'm sick of all of y'all." I lean my head back against the wall.

We in my kitchen, I'm sitting on the counter, Middle Man sitting at the table with Glue Stick, and MilkyWay is standing in front of us freestyling to sum trap beat off YouTube.

"Aye, my bitch just left me so told her I want that birkin back. I told the drive thru person put the sauces in the Wendy's bag." He bops his head in confidence.

"Only Churches I go to is the chicken place. I'm real active and I'll shoot yo ass in the face." He waves his pistol round.

"Shut the fuck up ma nigga, you can't rap." I say bitterly.

"His ass been salty ever since that girl stop talking to him." Glue Stick laughs.

"Fuck you." I hop off the counter and storm upstairs.

It's been 4 days since Mercedes stopped messing with me. She might've really cut me off this time.

I'm mad as hell. Somebody gone pay fa this. I miss her crybaby ass. I never thought about how miserable I would be if she left me but this ain't it.

I'd go fuck someone to take my mind off her but my dick don't stand up the same no mo. Even Big D miss her.

"You know what?" I head to my text messages.

I text the girl who sent the voice message cuz this is her fault.

Unsaved Number

Yo wya

Home, you tryna slide 👀

Yes, send me the
address again.

I'm too angry to face the bitch. Instead I give her brother's opps her address.

"Hope they shoot her shit up." I mumble, heading back downstairs.

"Yea, and I do take drugs, just bought ma girl sum new fucking UGGs. Smoking on blunt, swimming in the tub. I stepped on the mud then I stepped on the rug." MilkyWay continues to rap.

"You a whole ass SoundCloud rapper cuh." I scrunch my face up, sitting back on the counter.

"Actually could you check out my music, I'm a young underground arti-" He starts.

"Is you serious?" Glue Stick asks.

"Yea, I'll send y'all the link to my account. I got like a hundred streams on my last song." He starts tapping on his phone.

"This nigga got 8 followers!" I bust out laughing.

"Nah but 6 ofem is scammers!" Middle Man runs around.

"2 ofem prolly his fake accounts!" Glue Stick slaps the table.

"When I blow up imma make a diss-track fa y'all." He mugs us.

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"Get offa me Twon." I giggle.

"Nah gimme a kiss." He wraps his arms around my waist tightly.

"Noooo ion know you like that." I roll my eyes.

"Guhl you been over here day and night this whole week. Gimme my kiss." He puckers his lips out.

"I hate you." I whisper before kissing him.