"You should get back to your date." Clementine let her hands fall from Theo's shoulders to push his chest lightly, creating space between them. She could feel his heart beating steadily beneath her palm. "Susan is being incredibly gracious sharing you like this. I would be losing my mind watching my date dance with another woman the way you're dancing with me."

"Susan doesn't care." Theo furrowed his brow in confusion. "We're just friends."

"It looks less and less like that's true every time I see her." Clementine muttered as she cast her eyes downward to avoid looking directly at him. "Go back to your date, Theo."

"But—"

"We'll talk later." Clementine promised as her hand grazed his arm. She took his large hand in hers and squeezed it. His warm palm felt comforting as he interwove their fingers. "I can promise you that."

"Clem—"

"Don't, Theo." Clementine cut him off again as she glanced back at Susan. Neville had wandered off, so she was talking to Luna alone. "I know what being in her position feels like, and so do you."

Theo sighed, leaning in to kiss Clementine gently on the corner of her mouth. His lips brushed against her skin lightly, but it was enough to spark something within her. She desperately wanted to turn her head and deepen the kiss, but now— in front of everyone— was not the time, nor the place.

She watched as Theo made his way back to Susan. The witch's eyes lit up at the sight of him walking towards her. Luna looked back at Clementine with a knowing smile on her face, one that Clementine pretended not to notice.

She didn't have to focus on the couple for very long when another man walked up to her smiling.

"May I have the next dance?"

Clementine laughed as Cristian bowed before extending a hand for Clementine to accept.

"Yes, you may." Clementine smiled back at him, "But save all of the formalities. It reminds me of my father too much."

"So?" Cristian raised a brow at Clementine and grinned playfully as they began to dance. His style was much more refined than Theo's, who just liked to roam about the dance floor with little to no finesse. "How is this being single at a dance thing working out for you?"

"I didn't come here alone." Clementine looked around, unsure where Blaise had disappeared. "He's right... He's supposed to be... Well, he was here!"

"Your date ran off?" Cristian mused. He seemed to be enjoying teasing her, more so than usual. "Or did he not exist to begin with?"

"I'm sure he has a perfectly adequate explanation for ditching me. He wasn't a very reliable date anyway." She rolled her eyes as they drifted around the dance floor. "Are you enjoying yourself tonight?"

"I am now that I am finally dancing." Cristian responded. He looked back towards the other staff members who weren't as inclined to dance. "I asked Minerva to join me, but she declined."

"I think she misses her old dance partner." Clementine looked towards the headmistress. She had a forlorn expression as she watched all of the students spin around in circles in time to the waltz. "Her and Dumbledore used to love dancing at these things."

Cristian spun Clementine in time to the music. His dark eyes peered into her lightly colored hues, "Having a good dance partner makes all the difference in the world."

"Are you flirting with me, Professor?" Clementine bit back a smile.

"Maybe I am." Cristian laughed as he helped to twirl Clementine, "Would that be so bad?"