A Grace Miller special

Josh starts to collect our books as the bell rings, I'm just really glad that algebras over. I honestly didn't remember a single thing that was taught, Mr Johnson even called my mom once and recommended that I get tutoring. Deep down he just doesn't like that I don't answer him when he speaks to me.

I pack away my stuff before picking up my bag and getting up, "Grace"

I look up before raising my eyebrows a little, Josh looks like he has a lot to say.

"I just-.... Happy birthday"

I smile a little, "Thanks"

I'm surprised I was even able to get that one word out without stuttering.

As I lift up my bag he speaks once again, "I also wanted to ask what your doing later"

That one took me by surprise

"Oh I uhh...I'm sort of....- I mean I-

"We're having a sleepover" Jessica intervenes

Thank god for the save

Josh nods slowly before picking up the textbook that I was using, "Have fun I guess"

I watch as he walks away with a feeling of guilt, I just didn't know what to say. I sigh as Jessica and I walk out of class, "Hey at least you said thank you"

"That does not make me feel any better"

"Grace you don't even like him in that way" She says amused

"I still feel bad"

She opens her locker, "We all know you want Caleb-

I widen my eyes, "Say that any louder would you"

My best friend smiles a little, "Fine, no boy talk. What's the the plan for tonight"

"Well my moms away so you know what that means"

"Oooh thirteen going on twenty, I like it"

I grin, "Me too"

**
I toss my bag onto the couch before walking into the bar, it's stocked up with drinks since nobody comes in here. "What are we thinking"

I look through the cupboards, "I hear vodkas good"

"We can't forget the lime" Jess reminds me

I pick up a few shot glasses before pushing open the door with my foot and heading for the stairs, "Bring the bottles"

Thankfully the house was empty when we got back, Julia doesn't work on Tuesdays so that just makes things even more better for Jess and I. I've only tried alcohol twice, one time at a restaurant -I snuck some of my moms- and once at Caleb's house a few weeks ago, I still remember the day clearly

"Aaron always leaves a few drinks whenever he comes to see us"

I follow him into the basement and he shuts the door, "What about your parents?-