45) Serendipity

🦋

Aadya huffed for the umpteenth time today. She knew it is hard to knead a perfect, soft dough but she never had thought that it would be this hard!!

Taking a handful of flour she again dipped her fingers on the wet and runny, slurry dough. The wet dough was sticking to her hands even after she added more than two cups of flour.

"how should I fix this!?" she groaned, putting a hand on her forehead.

She was trying to make a soft and round dough for the last half an hour, however it was harder than learning rocket science.

Shaking her head at the slurry and sticky dough she once again glanced at her notepad.

"two cups of warm water," tilting her head slightly, she recalled. Did she add two cups of warm water or more than that?

No she only added two cups of water. Then where the hell is she going wrong!

Again taking a fist full of wheat flour she tried to fix the dough and at least make it good enough to make some flattened bread which are good enough to eat.

After a lot of attempts and her fighting the royal WWE one on one match with the dough she finally won and made a soft and round dough.

It was another thing that now she was wearing flour as her makeup.

She smiled, proud of herself. She looked at the round dough on the bowl and dipped her one finger inside it. She giggled happily when she felt its softness on her fingertip.

Mission accomplished.

Not.

Covering the dough bowl with a lid she picked her notepad from the kitchen counter and walked towards the vegetables counter. After reading the names of all the vegetables she needed to prepare their favorite dishes she took out a jute basket and picked up all the required vegetables one by one.

She smiled seeing how fresh and colorful the vegetables were. It was from their garden,"I should appreciate Vikram and the helpers for taking care of the vegetables and fruits so nicely,"she said to herself.

Cleaning the juicy red tomato on her apron she had a bite from it as she placed the vegetable basket on the polished kitchen countertop.

Then she took a tour of the kitchen with her notepad in her hands finding all the ingredients she needed to make the dishes she had planned.

She really wanted everything to be perfect. Though she knew for a beginner like her it was impossible to make a perfect and delicious dinner but tonight she will try her best to feed her husbands their favorite food with love and bring the delectable taste in the food so that they can enjoy it from the heart.

It was the first time she was cooking a proper meal, a dinner for anyone let alone her husbands.

She was an only daughter to her parents. Her mother never let her set a foot in the kitchen and it was the same with Abhimanyu.

She had learned to make plain sandwiches and instant noodles in absence of Abhimanyu.

Aadya heaved a sigh as she placed the last ingredient on the kitchen slab. Putting her hands on her hips she looked at all the things on the counter, rechecking everything.

Tightening the kitchen apron on her waist which had "Queen of kitchen" written on its front she was ready to make the best meal of her life.

She turned on the music system in full volume. If she is going to make dinner for them, she better enjoy herself while doing so.