48.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
Again nothing serious but some of the following scenes might make you feel unnaturally hot and squeal or perhaps scream and kick and giggle cuz it might be the hottest scene in the whole book (sexually) so, proceed with caution.

***

Yoongi didn't dare open his mouth as he kneeled on the floor, his fingers moving gently against Heejae's bruised and bloodied knees as she sat on her bed. They were still at her parents' house, weariness and the events of the night catching up with ferocity.

The police had arrived mere moments after the first shot had been fired. It had scared the whole neighborhood. For all the tall, intimidating walls that gave a sense of protection to the people who inhabited them, one of their own had been attacked.

He still remembered it all, despite the hours that had passed and he believed no one would be able to forget the way Hyunwoo had collapsed on the ground, the blood seeping out of his chest.

Heejae had been hysteric then, she had damn near lost her head as she had fought to go to the fallen man. To the man who had terrorised them, forced them to hide and seek protection that had been of no use.

He remembered feeling his heart drop, cold sweat gathering on the palm of his hands as he had watched his girlfriend crying over another man. He had felt scared for real then, scared that she was going to leave him after everything for Hyunwoo.

But he hadn't been given the chance to think about it as loud sirens had filled the eerie silence. Heejung had successfully dragged his crying sister inside the house, the medics were quick to get the wounded man in the ambulance and the policemen had worked fast to secure the area and begin an investigation.

What had followed after that was a grueling questioning of all the members present in the house. He had been worried about Seokjin then, feeling guilty that he had gotten caught up in all the drama. But with a firm squeeze on his shoulder and a small smile on his face, Seokjin had assured Yoongi that he wasn't unwilling to be there. He was there for him, as his family, as his support. And he had needed that support.

The questioning had taken a long time and everything Heejae had revealed was shocking, to say the least. The man was a lunatic and he could still feel his blood boil at the thought of him. If he hadn't been shot, Yoongi was sure he would have broken a few of his bones while trying to kill Hyunwoo. But he hadn't gotten a chance, however, it brought questions.

Questions he knew Heejae would answer and he got his answers sooner than expected.

"We were in the same school and same class," she spoke up after long moments, the sniffle reduced a little by now. "He was bullied a lot and I don't know how he got the idea that I had some kind of feelings for him back then when I had only helped him once or twice. But it doesn't really matter because what he went through..." She shook her head at the memories, making Yoongi squeeze her calf comfortingly.

"No one deserves to be treated like that, Yoongi," she said with much pain and compassion she felt for the man who was fighting for his life in the hospital. "The things he went through, it made him like that and I'm not trying to defend him but all he wanted was to be accepted and know what friendship is like. He doesn't want to be alone."

"You don't want to press charges against him?" he questioned, unable to accept that despite what she was saying. Hyunwoo didn't have any right to do what he did just because he had been treated badly in the past. It didn't justify his actions.

Heejae caught his hands then, returning his gaze from her bruised knees to her tear-filled eyes. "I don't know, Yoongi. What he did, he deserves to be punished according to the law but knowing what happened in the past, I just feel like he needs help."