Chapter Forty-Five

"You can't do that!" Gregory protested. "Sun and Moon are perfect just the way they are!"
"Oh, I forgot about Moondrop," Vanessa paused and thought for a moment before a smile crept onto her face. "I have an idea."
"Leave them alone!" Gregory struggled again, but the machine was stronger.

Vanessa raised an eyebrow. "Why do you care for them so much? They're just animatronics."
"They aren't just animatronics," Gregory objected. "They're my friends! They- they helped me when no one else would..."
"Aw, how sweet. Too bad their efforts were wasted," Vanessa laughed. 
Suddenly, a giant hand wrapped around the security guard's neck before she got thrown deeper into the cylinder. 

Gregory's eyes widened. He knew who it was. "Bonnie?" Vanessa coughed as she looked up at the purple bunny inches away. "I thought Freddy decommissioned you!"
"He did. Too bad your efforts were wasted, huh?" Bonnie narrowed his eyes at her before reaching down and pulling handcuffs out of her pocket. 

She tried reaching out to grab them back, but Bonnie was too tall. As Bonnie cuffed her to a machine, he raised his giant arm. Gregory looked away, knowing what he was gonna do. Then, he suddenly felt the machine holding him loosen. Gregory blinked open his eyes and saw Bonnie forcing the machine to let go. 

Then something in the machine snapped and Gregory was free. He pushed the machine away and quickly rushed to Sun's side. Glancing back, he saw that Vanessa had gotten knocked out. Bonnie put a hand on his shoulder. "Go on, push the button."
Gregory glanced up at Bonnie before nodding and pushing the button. One. Two. Three. Nothing happened. Gregory panicked and looked back up at Bonnie. 

Bonnie hesitated. "Maybe press it again?"
Gregory went to press the button again but Sun suddenly sat up with wide eyes. The sudden awakening made Gregory stumble back. But once the two made eye contact, Gregory rushed to hug him. 

"Sun! You're awake!"
Sun smiled and hugged him back. "Are you alright?"
Gregory let go and nodded. "Bonnie helped me."
Sun shot the purple bunny a grateful look and Bonnie looked away, embarrassed. Then, realization clicked. Sun immediately stood up. "Our friends! We have to get them!"