𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

⊱ 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 ⊰The beginning of a new Era

⊱ 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 ⊰
The beginning of a new Era

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE NIGHT WAS almost alive. The stars shined even brighter then usually and the moon glowed a faint yellow. As if the celestial bodies knew exactly what was bound to happen that night.

Normally, Rhysand would have excused that as a coincidence, since it was Starfall, alas he couldn't. Not when there was something so very suspicious about their abnormal glory. He didn't dwell on it though. He had come home, because of his mother. And because of his sibling, who he thinks will be born soon.

He had been concerned when his mother informed him about the child. The shock of knowing what she had to do to get pregnant irritated him, but after some time he felt ecstatic. Though the babe would only be that—a babe—Rhysand was happy to know that his mother would have company other than his father or the guards. He knew how much she disliked to be all alone in the House of Wind, especially after the war.

When the war ended, and Rhysand came back home victorious—he left some details out—, she had hugged him so tightly for a long while, sputtering incomprehensible words into his ear. Afterwards, she took him inside and made him hot chocolate and some food, coddling him with motherly care.

Rhysand had let her, of course. He had known how much she needed it.

"What bothers you, dear?" His heavily pregnant mother asked, from the doorway of the balcony. Her black hair was put up and a loose dark, shimmering gown covered her body, putting her stomach on display.

The sight of his mother and his sibling instantly had Rhysand grinning. Pregnancy suited his mother very well. "I was just thinking, mother," he breathed, his nose crinkling as his mother waddled toward him.