The Devil Doesn't Bargain - Rafe Cameron

A/N hey all! It has been a while since I posted anything. For a while I was stuck writing wise, and then I started my own company so I have been busy. But today I heard a song while being in the car, and I just knew I had to do something with it. So this one is inspired by The devil doesn't bargain by Alec Benjamin. I'm sorry if this is a little shit, it has been a while hahaha. still hope you like it. 

Also, thanks so much for the 800k! It means a lot to me!!

⚠️Warning⚠️ - abuse relationship, I think. Or at least toxic.

Rafe Cameron has always been the kid with the temper. He was mean to kids his age, and he could never do anything right in his dads eyes. You being a pogue, ment he was mean to you as well. You had a foot in both worlds; going to the kook academy and living on figure eight, while spending every free minute with your friends on the cut. You were no exception when it comes to Rafe. He always had it out for you when you were younger, the older you got, the more he left you alone. He still picked on you, but now you had the guts to say something back to him.

Lately things between you and Rafe had changed. He started to talk to you, like an actual conversation. Somehow you liked it. You liked him being nice to you. You liked talking to him. When you two were alone, he was so sweet. But whenever someone else got around, his attitude would change. But you still liked him, You two grew closer and now you were in that awkward state of 'are we dating or not'? You felt kind of sorry for him. He couldn't do anything right in his dads eyes. He couldn't stay of the pills and his temper got even worse. On his bad days, he could take it out on you.

The two of you were just sitting in the garden, chilling by the pool and having a good time, when his mood just switches in an instant.

"God, you're so sweaty," he mumbles and pushes you away from him.

"Excuse me?" You turn around and look at him. From the look in his eyes, you could see his mood switched. His eyes were darker, which meant a lot of shit was coming your way.

"I said you're sweaty. You should shower."

"Right. I should be going." You stood up, and turned away from Rafe.

"Yeah, do that. Go to your pathetic little friends on the cut."

You could handle a lot from Rafe, but when it comes to your friends, you became defensive. "Don't talk about my friends. I get that you're going through a though time, but leave them alone. I'll see you tomorrow."

He grabbed a small plastic bag out of his pocket, with cocaine in it. "Bye bye," he said and waved.

"Seriously, Rafe? You're doing drugs, right now."

"Yup." He made a line and snorted it up before you could say anything.

"I don't get you at all," you sighed and gathered your things.

"Then why are you still here, huh? Dump me already, and go do some shit with those dumbass Pogues of yours. Maybe then you're not that cranky."

You rolled your eyes. "Goodbye Rafe."

You walked away from him and made your way to the cut.

On the way there, your phone kept buzzing. Rafe was calling and texting you.

Please baby come back.

I'm sorry I didn't mean that.

Please Y/N

You stopped walking and texted him back.

You need help Rafe. This isn't healthy. Not for you, not for me, not for the people around you. Please go and get yourself some help.

Do you think you're funny? I don't need help. I just need you. Maybe a good fuck and something to drink.

You put your phone away. There was no way you could get through to him.

When you finally made it to the chateau of your best friend John B, they were all sitting outside.

"Y/N! You're alive!" JJ yells and runs over to you and hugs you.

"Of course. The kooks didn't eat me," you giggle and let go of him.

"Rafe might," he jokes.

You roll your eyes.

"Bad time?"

"Bad time." You sit down next to your friends on the grass.

Kie has her ukelele in her hand and stops playing when you sit down. "Do tell."

"It's just Rafe being Rafe. It can be exhausting."

"Every kook is exhausting," JJ laughs. He gets a slap on his arm from Kie. With a semi-painful look in hey eyes he looks at Kie.

"Y/N, let me tell you something and don't get this the wrong way, but the other day and I heard a song and I thought of your relationship with Rafe," Kie started. "This is some of the lyrics: He's abusive, elusive, the truth is he lies. I know you don't want to let go. And just like before, I can see that you're sure. You can change him, but I know you won't. The devil doesn't bargain. He'll only break your heart again. It isn't worth it, darling. He's never gonna change. He'll never be Prince Charming. He'll only do you harm again. I don't mean to meddle, but the devil doesn't settle. No the devil doesn't bargain. I'm not one to lecture, talk down to a friend. I don't mean to pressure, mean to condense. But I just want what's best for you in the end."

"Wow, Kie. That's deep," Pope is the first to respond.

You just look at the ground, letting the words hit you. You don't want to give up on Rafe. But you know that one day, things are going to be horribly wrong.

"Y/N?"

You turn around and see Rafe standing here. He has tears in his eye.

"D... Did you hear... all of that?" You ask him, slowly standing up.

"Yeah... I did. I heard what Kie said. I... Is that what you think? Is that how you... how you see me? Am I... am I the devil to you?"

"No, not by a long shot." You don't even hesitate to answer that. "It's just that you need help Rafe. You need to get clean, and get your anger under control. Because one day, you could hurt someone you love. And the question is not if, it's when. I don't want to be that person. I like you, I like you a lot. But I can't... I can't be with you when there's a change you can hurt me."

"I would never-."

"But you could," you cut him off. "I've seen you lose control. I've seen hoe upset you can be, and I don't want to be the one that takes the hits. You need to get clean Rafe. For yourself and for the people around you."

Rafe is silent for a moment. He looks at his shoes. "Will you take me there? To... to rehab?" Rafe looks up at you with tears in his eyes.

"Of course." Again, no hesitation. Whatever he needs right now, you'll do in a heartbeat. "Did you drive here?"

Rafe nods, and grabs the keys out of his pocket. You walk over to him, and grab them out of his hands.

"Let's go. It's going to be okay. I'll be right here for you waiting," you say as you walk to the car. You mean it. You love him and want him to be okay. So you'll be waiting, however long it takes.