Is the end or the beginning?

This is my first story so don't judge

***************************************************************************************************************

Is the end or the beginning?

Chapter 1- hatred

I started like any other day, a little overcast but nothing much it looked like it would we would get a storm soon probably rain. I live in a small town in California; my town is quite small with 150 people or less miles away from any civilization in any direction. The year is 3000 and we are in a war, nobody knows who they are or where their from The government wont tell us anything all they have said is "they are the enemy and mean us harm"

So in this town all of the people in the town are friendly and quite nice except for one, Victor Cortez. Victor and I have been enemies for many years, I cannot stand him and he can stand me. He has always shown me hatred for something, but I have no idea why. He scowls at me as I cross the street making him look lethal towering over me at 6'4. His midnight black hair catches the sunlight making it look almost blue.

"Hello Jeremy Caberby" he sneered at me causing chills to run down my back. His friends William and Zac come next to us not sensing Victor's hostility and anger. William is a great person and the nicest person you would ever meet, he would go out of his way to help anybody. I don't know why he is hanging out with Victor, but I think it because William likes Victor's friend Sarah. William is also sports king of guy; he plays the mind game; it is very high-tech. However, I don't like Zac one bit he always looks at me like he knows something I don't.

"Hey Will, hey Zac" I smirk because I totally ignored Victor not even glancing at him. If he is going to treat me with anger, I may as well too. "How is your mind-game going I hear you are going to go to playoffs in Salt Lake City".

Will replied with gleam is his eyes "yah its going to be so much fun, Sarah is also going" at that Zac and I start chuckling. Victor pierces holes into the side of my head giving a look to Zac to shut up. As will goes beet red,;not getting we where kidding" W-well I better go and pack" as he stumbles away.

Victor scowls, turns on his heal and walks away.

**VICTORS PROV**

I hate him with that smile, and his perfect family. He always had the easy way never having trouble with anything. He excelled in everything, academics, sports, even had good friends. The only reason why I had friends is because they where afraid of me or wanted to hook up with my best and only friend who I could talk to: Sarah.

Everyone thinks my life is perfect, but they are wrong I never knew my parents and is struggled with everything. I used to get a lot of looks of sympathy because everyone thought my perents died in a hovercraft crash, but I know differently. After the news about my perents death technology was outlawed saying it was "dangerous and unsafe." They just wanted nobody to rebel. I wasn't about our safety they wanted power, with out technology we where powerless. The only people with any form of technology where the people fighting the war with something called "guns." However, there where very few people fighting for our world. The war had broken out thirty years ago. I heard before the war we had a democracy and everyone had personal freedom do whatever he or she wanted. In the past we didn't need to ask to travel, to take a vacation. I want to see the outside world, but it's to late now it is probably just smoke and ashes.

Thinking about how good freedom would have been, and wishing I could have been there away from my life I didn't realize Zac had followed me and was shouting in my ear.

"Victor, Victor, Victor, Victor" my eyes snapped open to see Zac towering over me suddenly I realized I was on the ground limbs spread in all-different directions. Looking down at me like I had gone crazy Zac helped me up. Had I fainted why was I on the ground. "You where grinning and mumbling like you had gone mad, saying something about freedom and getting away" Zac said in a monotone.

"No I wasn't" having no reselection of how I got on the ground the last thing I remember is walking away from Jeremy. I wanted to like him but I couldn't he had just hurt me too much, and he didn't even know it. It was like he killed me I have the pain, but didn't he didn't kill me. "I have to do my chores but I will see you later at dinner."

Sighing thinking how freedom would have been. I would have had my mom, dad and a brother. Instead I have nothing, only a grandfather and grandma. I had to help him on the farm with the cattle and in the fields. He is going to be mad that I haven't shown up already... who cares they probably hate me like everybody else in this town. I do everything for them ever since I was 10 I have worked in the fields. If it weren't for me they would have lost the farm years ago. The government would have taken it, I would be quite happy but I wouldn't have anywhere to live.

**JERMYS PROV**

Has victor gone crazy he is practically skipping down the sidewalk smiling like he had just won the lottery. Skipping up to me I expect him to frown at me but instead he almost hugs me....ok weird. Before his bulky arms wrapped around me he snapped out of it and glared at me with hatred...yup there is the real Victor. I wonder what got into him, before I could figure it out he spat "get out of my way" pushing me to the ground.

I got up and went to find my mom and dad so we could go eat something at the community hall. If I didn't get there before six there would be no food for me so I sprinted home to find my parents had already left, I had five minuets to get to the community hall that was across town.

I got there just on time, I rush in people are glaring at me. I take my place beside my parents; they look upset that I couldn't get there earlier. Everyone stands up and starts singing Earths national anthem. I could never remember all the words most of the people around me didn't either so we just mumbled some words. I think it talked about the war, safety, and prosperity of earth. After five minutes of singing we sat down and ate supper.

All of a sudden there is a crash it was so loud I covered my ears. Something landed far to the west. The sky lighted up in red a weird bubble rose up it reminded me of a mushroom. Everyone stared at it but something wasn't right.

People started coughing we where all worried about what was to come. Was this the end; was this our ticket to freedom?

**VICTORS PROV**

Damn Jeremy I would have liked to see him starve tonight but no he had to show up on time. If I did that I would have been kicked out, he can do nothing wrong it no fair.

As we all ate in silence there was a loud sound of in the distance everyone started to panic I looked up at Jeremy and he had a look of pure fear in his eyes. People start screaming and running around unaware that people started coughing and fainting.

A man in a robe with gold stitching told people to be quite and get all the belongings that they could carry. Everyone looked at him in shock trying to place what he just said; I was quite happy freedom I was getting away from here.

Hours turned to days, days turned to weeks. We were slowly all dying we couldn't get away from the disease it killed the pope a couple of days ago...there goes all hope. The only person alive except for me.... is Jeremy I am going to go crazy if I have to be around him anymore.