CHAPTER 9

"What are you doing here?" Amanda was shaking "how did you-"

"How did you fucking find us?!" Elizabeth yelled, she could see her mum shaking, she held her hand and it felt like her mum was about to collapse. Elizabeth wanted to pass out, she could feel the ground beneath her cracking, she wanted to simply disappear but the thought of her leaving her mother when she was feeling like this was killing her.

"Elizabeth I-" Nicklaus was just standing there, Elizabeth couldn't believe he was just standing there.

"How the fuck did you find us?" Elizabeth was yelling, her mum froze. She looked so tired and tears kept falling from her perfectly formed face. Elizabeth used her hand to place her mother behind her, she always tried her best to protect her mother as best as she could. "You know what" she laughed "don't answer" she slammed the door in his face.

Her mum ran to the couch, she could barely breathe "how ? when ?" she looked up at her daughter, her makeup was spilling from her cheekbones, if her tears could flood the room they would. She held Elizabeth so tight, she didn't know how to feel or what to say, she held her daughter for support.

Nicklaus kept knocking on the front door "please", Elizabeth kept asking herself how her father found them, they did everything right this time, they hid themselves perfectly well, they were sure no one knew where they were. No one but Jelena.

Elizabeth rushed to the kitchen to get a knife, she swung the front door open and firmly held the knife "I won't ask you again" her chest was heaving, she wanted to kill him, everything in her wanted to stab her father

"I just want to talk" Nicklaus looked apologetic "please"

"Get out" she yelled and slammed the door, she ran for her phone to get security but she couldn't take her eyes off of her mother, she looked so frightened. After a while the knocking stopped, Elizabeth was in shock.

Amanda fell from the couch and crouched on the floor, she held the ground for support as she wept. All the fear she pushed back over the years were coming back, the feeling of insecurity and self awareness, the way she would hide with Elizabeth between her thighs so her husband wouldn't see any of them, it all came back

"How did he find us?" she whispered quietly from the floor, she didn't look up this time, she just stayed there. Elizabeth felt tears gather in her eyes as she stared at her mother, she hated this loop that always repeated itself.

"I don't know" she laid beside her mum on the floor, "I'm so sorry" she wiped the tears off of her mothers face, she hated seeing her mother like this "I'm so sorry mum", Elizabeth's heart was breaking all over again, she hated the way everything was playing out, she knew deep down her happiness was temporary, it couldn't last.

The only person she could think of when her mum asked was Jelena, no one else knew about her dad she was careful not to open up to anyone and no matter what was going on between her and Jelena it was difficult to believe Jelena would ever do this to her.

***

Jodieee couldn't believe what just happened, Luca sat there in shock, that wasn't the reaction she expected but it was the one she got.

"What's wrong?" she asked, she tried to search his eyes to figure out how he was feeling, he didn't reply her so she kissed him again. This time he pushed her back "maybe I should leave"

"Wait" Jodieee held him "what's wrong"

"I have a girlfriend, that's what's wrong" Luca whispered

"Okay but when was the last time you were happy?" she held his hand, he didn't say anything, he just sat there quietly "when was the last time you laughed?". Luca thought about it carefully, he hated cheating on Jelena but he wasn't happy