موقع | Chance

Chapter 26.

You guys aren't fun readers.
Thankful to have you guys read this but 😤.
Mein bhi ziada comments deserve karti hun boys.
Na karo sahi ACM lai kar bhag jaun gi idhr sai.

Trident shaped fires roared out of the glass windows, the shards spilled out into the adjoined gardens. Crucified winds pinned the orange gloom into the brick walls, inside the timber catching fire with ease. Everything smoothed out under its capricious violence, what had started off as a one room fire had spilled out through the ground floors of the annex, within a bat of the eye. Red covered the vision and tiny embers of pain, flushed into the orbs of hopeful divinity. Crushed dignities, like broken paint bottles covered the skies in their grey smoky allure. Media personnel tackled the security and scrutinized the powerful gait of the firemen, TRP's took precedence over humanity and human life — always.

Chorus of awes ran through the crowd accumulated at the gates. It grew in number, every passing minute. Elderly and the youth alike, ran to the doors of the secluded property smelling smoke fill their nostrils even in the comfort of their homes. Midnight gossip, it would be — for the anchorpersons as well as the common man, it would of course all be licked with their vicious tongues for so as long as it did not hit their homes, a flood was always welcome. Camera flashes captured the aesthetic silhouette of the blackened annex, the expensive material used turned to nothing but charred dust. Only the top windows remained in tact, as the curtains hanging on them began to catch bits of the escaping fire.

Dressed in their parka trousers and fireproof jackets, the men trudged through the sloshing snow. Mixed with mud, it looked disgusting, their feet slipping even in their heavy duty shoes as they neared the eye of the fire. They breathed in their masks, their eyes burned as the water tore through the centre — the start of it all, the kitchens. Groaning, injured bodies lay on the grass a few feet away from them. Wounds from the glass and fire both, covered them whole. An ambulance had drove in with great difficulty as the populace refused to part and let it through. First aid was rushed through and the police on spot awaited the first signs of a recovering eye witness. With aching limbs and a raging fit of cough the teams worked together in silence. Palpitations inside the depths of their valves, squinting gazes in the colossal heat and an arching back as they moved through the collapsed landing in search of any survivors inside the building. It was chaos, a murder attempt or a stupid mistake? The authorities had yet evaluate and in the midst of this all, the walls that had to crumble, towered over cowering figures.

"Get out! The building is going to collapse!" Voices, not in tens but thousands erupted outside, the floors trembling under the heat.

Sounds of crackling wood soon took over the cries of surprise, the two firemen stranded inside. In alarm they retracted their footsteps, praying that everyone had been evacuated. As the two walked out, a wooden beam fell into their feet dividing the nether regions of the house. A burst of volcanic magma through their bodies outside, the roof collapsing and the last thing they saw — beaming green eyes calling for help inside the kitchens.

"Medic! We need a medic here!" Men surrounded them, wiping the blood off of their brows.

"Wom-an there is a —" one of them breathed with unease, "in-side. Inside the house!"

"We can't go back. She's probably buried inside the debris. I say maximum five minutes of survival. Pray for her, my brother, may God bless her soul." Rangeen patted the shoulder of the man, tears inside his own eyes as he saw the home of his beloved niece fall to tiny pieces.