Chapter 20 ( Jealousy )

Jimin's POV

Jimin's POV

"Jimin…." Sung-ho called out my name but it sounded like a mere whisper. "It isn't her fault hyung….she is a victim as well and her father is the one who should be hated. Who should be perished." Unknowingly my hands had turned into a fist as I talked about the king of Jeonju. That man who had dared to hurt my mother , who had snatched away my chance to be an elder , loving brother.

"But this isn't right. Did you look at yourself ? Did you notice that change within you ? You wanted to break her ! And now…you want to break anyone who would try hurting her." My heart took a leap on listening to him . Somewhere I was indeed aware of these changes within me , how much I was drawn towards Y/n. But as Sung-ho pointed out , reality seemed to hit me hard. The only exception was , I didn't regret this change within me.

"You know what I meant to say , right ?" He placed a hand on my shoulder , eyes searching for an answer which would be pleasing. I couldn't help but let my lips curve up before nodding at him. " I can assure you that it's nothing as you are thinking. We literally just got into talking terms!" I shrugged my shoulders and took a few steps back, chuckling , trying to set up the sudden clamped atmosphere.

"No matter how much you are trying to take this thing easy , Jimin I will not be able to cover up about her identity everytime , neither will the king like it if you happened to want to be in a relationship with her." Wouldn't lie about the fact that his words directly hit me , making a pang erupt in my chest. Why was I affected ? Did my heart yearn for some positive words about this ?

Still collecting my dishevelled state , I managed to push up my head and shook it to make Sung-ho sure that I would keep his words in mind. It was true that no matter how free I was as a prince , to go around the kingdom , to get along with whoever I wanted , but at the end of the day there was a limit to my freedom.

My father would be upset once he would get to know about this present situation. He would be bewildered to know that I was actually helping out our enemy and then nobody would understand that in between this enmity I was able to find a familiarity. A reason why me and Y/n shouldn't be Rivals because we had faced the same consequences , different lies , from one person. The king of Jeonju.

" I don't want to hide anything from her….." my words followed their ways out sounding like a whisper. More as if they were to assure myself that I shouldn't. " I don't think you are hiding anything…are you ?" Sung-ho with his one brow which had pushed itself up in confusion. "I am…. I am hiding my used to be real intentions towards her. I'm hiding the fact that I know about her one secret which she couldn't tell me yet."

" That is pointless Jimin. She would never know about it because you never really treated her as you had prepared yourself for. You were harsh towards her at the beginning but once you knew about her condition , everything changed. Your behaviour changed. "  He was right , but to ultimately gain her trust and not because of my advantage but that would just let me be at peace , I just wanted to be crystal clear in front of her.