you're the reason

Start from the beginning

I gulp and Layla shouts "I have it!"

She puts her hand in the air with the scarab showing and I squeeze my eyes shut.

She nudges me and the man says "You couldn't possibly understand the value of what you're holding. Let me have that. I'll keep it safe."

Steven looks over to us immediately and Sorah mutters quietly at first and then she begins screaming "Surrender control. SURRENDER CONTROL! I'm not kidding! Give me control now!" 

My eyes widen in horror as I look to the man approaching slightly.

No...

He smiles to us and says "Oh boy, I remember you." He looks directly at me and I stare at him wide eyed and full of anger.

Layla looks to me as I ragefully stare ahead at the man. She says "Summon the suit."

I've never been this close to him.

I didn't see his face in the museum that day. I should have recognized that FUCKING face.

I mutter under my breath "it's him..."

Sorah says "I didn't want you to find out this way, Genevieve. I tried to stop you."

He approaches and I scream "You killed my mother!"

He shakes his head and say "No. no. No. That's where you're wrong."

Layla looks to me confused saying "what?"

Sorah says "he viewed her as a threat, she.. was vulnerable to attacks. Ammit decided her fate when he helped her out of that car. One touch and it was decided."

I grit my teeth and say "You killed her!"

Steven says "Pardon?"

Layla looks to me wide eyed and I immediately throw a punch at his face. Right in the nose.

It hits his nose and Sorah shouts "Again! He deserves it! Again!" Layla says to Steven "Summon the suit."

Steven looks at her confused and says "Summon the soup? What are you saying?"

Arthur says "Anger is very healthy, Ammit never got to decide your scales. You wouldn't accept my help. Boy you were a brave young woma-"

My fist comes in contact with his nose again, causing it to bleed and Layla pulls me closer to her instinctively.

She says "Let's go, let's go now!" Arthur slams his cane down into the tiled floor and bright purple aura of power fills the cracks of the foundation

I'm pulled away quickly by Layla grabbing my wrist as the man recovers from the shock.

The broach is pushed on Steven and I'm pushed and pulled up the stairs.

Steven remaining behind me pushing me ahead and Layla pulling me ahead as my mind goes crazy.