Chapter Two: Of Truths, Lies, and a Horrible Nurse

I know I said I wouldn't post again until I had reads, but I really want more of this story out there. I really like writing this one, so any time I have enough to post I will. That could be really sporratic, but I don't really care. Enjoy the next chapter, things start to pick up here!!
----
Aster's POV
The first thing my mind registered waking up was the intense pain creating fireworks behind my eyelids that spread from everywhere. I groaned lightly, barely enough to be heard, before my eyes flicked open.

The lights were bright but after a second my eyes adjusted to it, and I saw my father asleep in a chair in the corner of the room, his suit slightly wrinkled from sitting there a while. I was hooked up to a heart monitor, but the volume was turned low on it so you couldn't really hear the stereotypical loud beeping noises. There was an IV in my left arm which was the only appendage without any serious injury. I could barely move my body for the amount of plaster and fiberglass encasing it, which I suppose was the point.

On the opposite wall of the room there was a white board with all my listed injuries, medications, and the names of the doctor and nurses who were watching over me.

The board read as follows:

'Patient sustained six confirmed broken ribs, possible three more cracked or otherwise bruised, fractured right hip, compound fracture of her right forearm, broken left tib and fib, possible concussion, twenty three smaller cuts and abrasions, and thirty six bruises.'

My eyes went wide for a moment wondering how it had all happened until I remembered the incident at school. Then my blood ran icy in my veins.

School. Father would know that I yelled, Oliver would've said something. He would be disappointed in me for getting involved, he would know I helped Oliver. I would have to miss school for months to recover, and I wouldn't be able to do anything to help around the house.

Father would be angry, and I can only imagine what might happen to me then. He likely fell asleep waiting for me to wake up, and when he awakes he'll scold me and who knows what else. Father might end up killing me.

I disobeyed Father. He told me to ignore the bullies and not make any friends, and I had disobeyed both orders in a manner of two minutes, and I'd been helping Oliver for such a long time. I almost wish Geoff had managed to kill me, because I didn't want to know what would be waiting for me when Father woke up.

Unfortunately- or was it actually fortunate?- Father stirred and his eyes blinked open. I looked a lot like my father. I had the same color hair as he did, but his eyes were a blue sort of grey. We had the same nose and the same sort of slim figure if I was allowed to grow any form of muscle or meat on my fragile bones. Our hands had the same sort of long elegance, and I could likely be good at piano should I have chosen to ask for lessons. But while my features looked a little strange with my lack of human-like flesh, his made him look fierce.

But he wasn't wearing his typical expression when he awoke and saw me looking obviously terrified because I'd disobeyed him.

"Aster." I flinched at the sound of his voice, but it was softer, no harshness or anger.

"I-I'm so s-sorry Father." I started, looking anywhere but his eyes. I couldn't meet them, not with my guilt and the sinking feeling in my stomach. "I-I know you said n-not to make f-friends, b-but I couldn't help it! A-and on top of that, I spoke in front of th-the bullies to protect O-Oliver, instead of j-just staying away l-like you told me t-to. I was going t-to ask you i-if it would have b-been alright to have O-Oliver as a friend, b-but I didn't a-and I'm so s-sorry Father. I disobeyed you, a-and I know it was w-wrong of me, a-and now because of it I'm g-going to be a burden on you f-for a while, which I-I know that makes you a-angry with me." I stopped before I could say anymore and get him angry for wasting his time.