♣️20.

TEJASSWI'S OFFICE
3:30 P.M

Karan spun around in her large comfortable office chair as he looked around . He didn't want to be intrusive but he had come to tell her something which may help her with the case but she wasn't here. He decided to wait a little , rohit wasn't here as well. The receptionist had given him a look when he said he will wait and he remembered how she had denied him entry the first time he came here for requesting her to take his case . He never noticed before but her office nearly empty . Yes it had a hint of class, it was magnificient with large glassess ,very spacious and black and white themed. But it was void of any personal touch like her family pictures or her any personal belongings.
His curiosity  got the best of him and he rummaged through the drawers on her side of her office table .

He paused little as he saw a medium sized frame kept in the second drawer . A woman's smiling face met him as he looked at the picture. She was beautiful and he could figure out it was her mother. How could he not? She was a complete replica of her mother .

Deciding it was enough invasion of privacy he kept it back and decided to call her. His heart raised a bit high as he heard rohit mention doctor in the background . Why was this girl such a trouble magnet and why couldn't she take care of herself .
' For the love of god , Why is she so stubborn ' He mumbled when she cut the call abruptly .
He called her again but she didn't pick up . He quickly went to his car and dialed rohit to get their address

*******

SUKHMANI HOSPITAL
4:00 P.M

"Do you realise you held me back from an important meeting Rohit ? " She glared at him and sat huffing as the doctor traeted the burn .

" Yeah , I would have rescheduled it  if i had myself known you had a meeting " He chipped

" You didn't know about as it was kind of a personal meeting" She huffed and he raised his hands in surrender.

" What the hell happened " They all snapped to look at Karan standing on the door breathing heavily. Looked like ran a marathon !

She eyed him dangerously and then rohit . Rohit shrugged innocently and karan came and sat on the chair beside rohit . The doctor continued doing his work

" What happened ? Is it paining? How long will it take to recover ?" He bombarded the doctor not leaving his eyes from her hand that was being treated with several ointments . He didn't ask her as he knew it was futile . She wasn't going to answer his questions.

" You don't have to worry. The burn will heal in a few weeks or two " Doctor said calmly being familiar with restless family members .

" Burn ? How the hell did you manage to burn yourself ? And can you for once stop being stubborn and look after yourself responsibly " Karan said hardly now looking at her .

" I have been looking after myself for years  Karan " She emphasised each word letting him know she wasn't irresponsible. 

His eyes softened a bit and he sighed deciding to keep the questions part for later .

*******

" I cannot believe you are here . What was the need to come when i said i will be meeting you in an hour ? " She exclaimed as they walked towards the car.