So, remember how I mentioned how I came across Black Butler in my Fairy Tail rant?
Then you'll understand that I'm kinda going back to good old fanfics/fandom rants for now.
First off, I LOVE KUROSHITSUJI. Well, more the manga than the anime, which freaking changed half of the bloody plot the first two seasons!!!
Anyway, I love Kuroshitsuji for three reasons:
- The plot.
- The character development.
- The soundtrack.
What I don't love about Kuroshitsuji is the Fandom. LIKE OH MY GOD.
1) First off, many fangirls love Sebastian. I'm legit mind blown by this. Why? BECAUSE I DON'T FIND SEBASTIAN ATTRACTIVE. HE'S A FREAKING DEMON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. As a demon, he's supposed to be evil and manipulative. I have seen fanfics that have Sebastian × OC and I'm like, "Are you crazy?" Not that some aren't well written, that's not even the biggest problem. The problem here is that why do you even need a Sebastian X OC story? Is it to satisfy your own fetishes about him? I know I'm being a hypocrite here but this is just my opinion. In addition to this, while well written, Sebastian is completely OOC in these types of fanfics. Please do remember the fact that he is a spawn of hell and that he thinks of humans as food and does not care for emotions other than cats whatsoever. He is not going to suddenly go, "Oh, she's the only one for me."
2) The bloody ships. You know where I'm going with this. For those of you who don't ship Sebastian Michaels and Ciel Phantomhive, I sincerely thank you guys for being the few people with a shred of common sense. For those of you that do: YOU ARE SHIPPING A 14 YEAR OLD BOY WITH A 500 YEAR OLD DEMON. DO WE REALLY NEED TO PULL OUT THE TWILIGHT SAGA TO PROVE HOW THIS IS A PEDO SHIP?! As for the fanfics, again, they are well written but also OCC BIG TIME. I know Yana-sensei ships those two and that this was originally supposed to be hard core yaoi, but.....COME ON. There's a limit for everything. I wouldn't be reading or watching this was that was the case. With that said, you can ship whoever you want, I'm just going to be secretly thinking that you're crazy in the process. Im not gonna lie though, its a crack ship for me, especially the hilarious fanart but as an actual ship - Yeah no.
3) The people who hate Elizabeth Midford are blind. Not to say that all are, they probably have legit reasons why they just don't like her. But to call her a bitch just because she stands in the way of the Sebastian and Ciel ship....yeah, you are clearly morons and are not reading the manga. None of you guys realize just how powerful of a character Elizabeth really is. The haters think that she's too annoying and perky. But big shock, there's actually a reason for that. If you actually read the manga, you do see why she's acting that way. For those of you who haven't read the manga, I won't spoil too much but there is a surprisingly dark past and really powerful resolution behind that thinly veiled act of happiness that she puts around Ciel. I actually really loved Lizzy way before this and the character development in the manga just increased my respect for her. If you still don't like Lizzy after that and have a legit reason why, I won't force you to like her. But I already said the ones that hate her for no reason are morons, so I think I made my point.
4) THE FANGIRLS. They're the reason why I want to murder the Kuroshitsuji Fandom. Going back to number one, most of them only watch it for the corset scene that happened during the Jack Ripper arc. And Ronald. And Grell. And how hot the characters are. Like no. THAT'S NOT SOLELY WHAT THE CHARACTERS ARE (Though I do admit that Ronald is hot. And Sebastian in the manga does have his moments of well, hotness but other than that...yeah.) They have personalities and flaws and everything that makes them a 3D character. THIS IS NOT FUCKING TWILIGHT WITH A STUPID PLOT. IT'S A COMPLEX STORY THAT BRINGS IN THE MORALS AND DISADVANTAGES AND CONSEQUENCES THAT REVENGE BRINGS ABOUT. Even if you only watch the anime, even if it changed half way through the first two seasons, there is still that grim motif of revenge and why you shouldn't take things too far. It even made that comparison to Hamlet in one of the OVAs. Stop romanticizing the show and the manga.
Holy shit this is one of my longest rants yet. Guess I had more to rant about the Kuroshitsuji fandom than I thought. XD Anyway, what do you think? Comment below and let me know! :D
YOU ARE READING
Fanfic Rants And The Rest of WattpadRandom
So I have been on Wattpad for a few years now. I'm on it almost everyday, it's like a drug to me. However, ever since I joined, I have seen the ups and downs of the fanfics and their specific fandoms/series, and Wattpad in general. So what did I do...