An Unexpected Challenge

~Jessie's P.O.V.~

I looked around for Mark while trying to avoid Sting. I'm pretty sure everyone in the whole gym heard what I did, so now they probably think I'm one of those skanky biatches or something. I guess it doesn't matter, I didn't come here for popularity. I look around and finally find Mark hiding next to the bleachers. "What are you doing..?" I asked. He scowled.

"Oh, so you're mocking me?" he scoffed. "How mature of you." I was confused as to what he was talking, but then I remembered about that I.O.U I cashed in. He walked into the light to show me the kiddy wolf costume I had dared him to wear. "╥︣﹏᷅╥ You're so mean.." he whined. "I think like 50 people already took pictures of me!" Usually, I would laugh out loud so hard right now, but I didn't really feel like it.

"You can take it of if you want to," I said softly. His eyes widened.

"Say what now?" he blinked.

"I said you could take it off if you want to," I repeated.

"Wait, what's.." He stopped to hear the giggling girls, taking pictures of him. He sighed. "Hang on." He zipped out of the gym and returned a couple seconds later in his usual white shirt under a camo green coat and black jeans. "What's wrong little sis?" he asked, frowning. "You almost never let me off the hook."

"Nothing," I lied. He crossed his arms and cocked his eyebrow.

"Jessie..." he said in a warning tone. That was when I heard the door open, and I froze. That smell..please don't tell me... I fearfully turned my attention to the entrance to see Wyt and Axel. They were both smiling and chatting. Mark's eyes widened then narrowed in anger. He was about to stomp over to them, but I took ahold of his arm.

"Don't," I said firmly. "Just don't."

"But.."

"Personal matters shouldn't get in the way of teaching," I reminded him.

"What do you even teach in gym?" he muttered.

"You tell me," I rolled my eyes. "Either way, he's still your student." I gave him a glare, and he sighed.

"Fine," he muttered. "But if he does anything to you.."

"I'll let you know," I said, weakly smiling. He nodded and I let go of him. I walked over to the bench and sat on the middle row. I tried to not look at the two of them, but I could tell Axel noticed I was in the same first class as him. Oh joy.. Before he could come over, Sting sat next to me. I mentally sigh of relief, glad that it wasn't Axel. I took a quick glance at Axel to see him already swarmed with girls.

"What's your name hotty?" a girl flirted with him.

"Oo, are you the new transfer? You're totally handsome!" another one squealed. Axel sweatdropped at all the attention he was getting.

"Hey BACK OFF!" Wyt growled, her eyes turning red. All the fangirls got scared and ran off.

"Thanks Wyt," Axel said quietly.

"Hey." I jumped and turned my head to the left.

"Y-yeah?" I responded, having no idea why I was stuttering. Stop stuttering baka!

"Why did you say all those lies?" Sting asked, frowning.

"I-I don't want to be the reason you and Minerva break up.." I answered, looking away. For some reason my heart clenched in pain, but I had to ignore it.

"O-oh," he said. "Well, thanks."

"No prob," I said, giving him the best fake smile I could do.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hey.." Sting said after a minute of silence.

"Yeah?"

"That Axel guy...do you know him?" he asked, looking at me with his ocean blue orbs.

"I-I, um.." I sputtered, hesitant to tell him. Thankfully, the bell rang just in time.

"Yosh, ohayo minna!" Mark greeted.

"Ohayo!" the class chorused back.

"Today, we have two new students. Please welcome Wyt and, Axel!" I heard the slight pause, but nobody other than me noticed it thankfully. Wyt and Axel both came up to the front and bowed. Squeals from both the boys and girls erupted, but Mark calmed them down. I saw Axel glance at me when he stood back up, but looked away when he had seen me look back. The two of them then went back to their spots and Mark continued. "Now today, we will have another duel. Same rules apply as last time, but today we will accept challenges. Anyone have someone they want to duel?" I glanced at Sting, who smirked and was about to open his mouth when...

"I DARE JESSIE CELESTIA!" All attention turned to Minerva, who smirked.

"What?!" Sting said in surprise. I blinked a couple times.

"Well, do you accept, or are you a pathetic coward?" Minerva smirked. My eyes widened.

"Ha, you'll be nothing more than a pathetic coward!"

"I accept!" I blurted out, standing up. Sting and Mark's eyes widened.

"W-well then, Minerva vs. Jessie it is then!" Mark announced, but he looked a bit hesitant.

'Tch, don't you know you're weak?' a voice from the past came ringing back to my head.

'You're weak Jessie. You always need people to save you. You'll never get stronger.'

My fists shook in anger as I remember the words they had said to me, he had said to me. I'll show them, I thought. I glanced at Sting, who, when Minerva wasn't looking, gave me a small thumbs up.

'You better use it,' he mouthed to me. I nodded to him and glanced at Axel. He had apparently been looking at me. I scowled at him and turned away. I walked to one side of the court while Minerva was on the other side.

"Alright, ready?" Mark said. We both nodded, not breaking our stare from each other.

"Hope you had a good life," she smirked.

"3..."

"This is for trying to steal my Sting," she stated, her hands enveloping in some kind of wavy matter. "Hope you've had a good life."

"2..."

"And I hope you had a good one as well," I countered, looking at her.

"1..."

"And I hope you have someone who cares about you to plan your funeral."

WHEEEEEEW!!!