Chapter 7

I didn't know what to do. I just stood frozen in my spot with the phone still against my ear, tears staining my cheeks. Blake can't be dead, I refuse to believe it. He'll be alive. And I'm going to go and find him.

I suddenly felt anger bubble up inside of me and I pulled the phone away from my ear and rammed it into the pocket of my jeans, I fiercely wiped the tears from my cheeks and yanked open the back door to the restaurant. I stormed through and ripped my apron off of myself, throwing it on the hooks that adorned the walls.

"Allie?" frowned Chef Harlow as I practically sprinted past him and towards the door.

"Allie! Where are you going?!" yelled Arnold and I stopped in the doorway.

"I'm going to go and save my best friend!" I yelled back and slammed the door shut, walking out and into the street before immediately stopping dead in my tracks.

There's no way I can do any of this on my own.

And I know that there's really only one person who can help me and I don't even know how to contact him.

Then I remembered something Jacob had told me earlier,

Novanoids are the oldest supernatural species in the world and so we have some part of each other species in us. We have the same type of speed as vampires do and we can use pack links like werewolves

If I concentrate hard enough I might be able to use some form of pack link to get a message across to Jacob and he should be able to use vampire speed to get over here.

I stood in the middle of the street and squeezed my eyes shut, thinking hard. I said the same thing over and over in my head, hoping that he would hear it.

Jacob. Help me. I need you.

I must've been stood there for ages with my eyes shut and nothing changed. Nothing happened, I didn't feel anything.

I gave up and sighed, opening my eyes to look up to see none other than Jacob stood right in front of me, smirking.

"How long have you been stood there?" I felt my face drop.

"I heard you the first time you said it, I didn't need the other 83." He chuckled and I hit him upside the head.

"This is serious. I need help."

"Oh, so now you want my help. How the tables have turned, little one" he patted me on the head and I swatted him away.

"Somebody's taken Blake" I said, sternly

"The vampire?" he questioned

"Thanks for giving my best friend such substance, I'm sure he'd be happy to be here right now and hear you refer to him as just 'the vampire'"

"Hey, relax" he chuckled a little, placing his hands on my shoulders to calm me down.

"How am I supposed to relax?"

"What happened?" he said as he let go of me and began to walk through the street, I followed behind him

"He didn't show up to work so I called him to see where he was and somebody else picked up. They told me he was dead, that they asked him questions and when he didn't answer, this guy just killed him. He isn't dead. I know he isn't dead." I shook my head and Jacob suddenly stopped.

"Wait, what do you mean somebody asked him questions?" he seemed suddenly panicked

"They said they asked him questions and they knew what my name was. He said that he wanted all of the novanoids in the world. He said he wanted me." I recited the information I had before remembering something that was probably vital, "He told me to tell you 'Atticus Blackwood sends his regards' what does that mean?" I frowned

"This isn't good" he shook his head and turned to me.

"Allie, I want you to listen to me very carefully. Blake is dead."

"What? No. No he isn't"

"Allie, I know this guy, he doesn't mess around and he wouldn't lie about Blake being dead."

"He's not dead"

He sighed and rubbed his hands across his face and we started walking again.

"Ok. Ok so let's assume that he's alive, what then? You're just going to waltz in and demand that you get your best friend back? This guy is dangerous."

"Why do you think I called you? This is everyone's concern, he wants all of us Jacob, and do you know what that means? The entire supernatural world will be exposed"

"Yes, I know that, I'm the one that told you" he rolled his eyes, "So what's your plan?"

"We're going to save him"

"How?"

"I'm not sure of that part yet. But we have to-"

"Just stop for a second" Jacob grabbed my shoulders and turned to look at me properly. His eyes staring straight into mine and his stature towering over me, even as he bent down a little, "The only way that you're going to be able to do this is with the help of other novanoids."

I nodded.

"This guy is the threat I was telling you about. He wants to expose us to the world and by going to save Blake you're saving everybody else. You're basically agreeing to help me."

I just nodded again, knowing exactly what I was getting myself into.

"We can't go into this alone and unequipped. We're going to have to go to your father and family. You're going to have to meet everyone and that's going to be a big step, are you ready for that?"

"Yes. I will do anything to save Blake." I told him completely truthfully.

"Ok then." He stood up straight and smiled. "Let's take you home."

-

ALLIE'S GOING HOME WOOOOO

Predictions? What's going to happen when she gets there?

What did you think?

Please vote and comment

-V