spook forty two ;; ☾

Mulai dari awal

"you can let go now, amane kun." you deadpanned, unwrapping the boy's arms from around your waist.

"a-ah, sorry... hey, don't look so gloomy. the kid will be there." he comforted. you sighed, shoving your hands in the pockets of your uniform.

"but... ah, that's it! i don't have a shirt to change into, whoops!" you spun on your heels, striding in the direction of the shoe lockers. "so i can't help out! wouldn't want to get my uniform dirty- too bad, so sad."

"it's alright. i figured this would conveniently happen." amane immediately shot down your attempt at getting out of this, flashing an innocent smile. "you can borrow the extra i brought!"

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"kou kun, nene chan, i'm here." you announced unenthusiastically, trudging towards your friends in defeat. you had on a ratty looking nasa shirt, courtesy of amane. the two of them looked up with welcoming smiles as you tied your hair out of your face.

"ah, y/n nee san!" kou kun exclaimed in greeting. nene dashed towards you, squeezing you in a hug.

"good, we're all here." you said, wrapping your arms around the cream haired girl's shoulders as you made your way to kou's side. "so. after we finish cleaning the pool, we're gonna look around that big tower for anything suspicious, right?"

"mmhmm, but... i'm not sure we should go in just yet." nene murmured. "we don't know what's in there. it could be dangerous."

"yeah, and we might need time to prepare if it's an evil supernatural." kou added. "i mentioned the situation to my brother earlier when i passed him in the halls, hoping he would know something, but he just smiled and nodded like he was talking to a child... he doesn't seem to have any memories of being en exorcist at all- and probably thinks i'm acting like a child." the blond boy paused, looking past you and nene. "...it's so weird."

the two of you glanced over your shoulders to see mitsuba holding up a broom, laughing as he mocked a sword fight with yokoo.

"everything seems perfectly normal... i'm wondering if maybe this is how things were supposed to be all along." you turned back to face kou, who had a conflicted look on his face. you dryly laughed, mirroring his expression.

"tell me about it." you muttered, picking at your fingernails.

"maybe... it's better this way..?" the blond boy in front of you sounded hopeful, longing lacing his tone as he gazed at the pink haired boy. nene looked between the two of you worriedly.

"kou kun, n/n chan..." was all she mumbled before leaning against your side. you and your friends' quiet, solemn moment lasted for only a few heartbeats before a bucket of water poured over kou's head, splashing nene in the process. as the boy let out a yell of surprise, you felt the sting of cold water pelting against the back of your neck. you hissed in alarm, spinning on your heels to face your attacker.

"that's your punishment for slacking off." an amber eyed boy laughed, spraying you in the face once more before holding out a white towel.

"amane kun, you bastard!" you spat, snatching the fluffy white cloth from his hand and wiping at your face. "i swear to god..."

you turned to nene, gently wiping the water off of her skin. you shot another glare over your shoulder as amane smiled back innocently, his cheeks slightly flushed. you opened your mouth to snap at him again for interrupting your friends, but was cut off by aoi calling out.