CHAPTER 26 || Around the flames

Começar do início

"You are trying to get into twenties?" Jungkook raised his brows.

"What do you mean by that look, can't I try to study?" Suhyeok frowned at him.

"Well, if that's the case, I am curious too." Daesu added on. "You don't look like a person having bad grades like us. Everything you do seems to be some smart moves."

Minji scoffed.

"I remembered one day when I was distributing the biology test papers back to students," Namra said. "I saw you having 80/100."

The others gasped in surprise.

"I saw that too! I thought I was hallucinated." Jungkook stated, receiving a slap on his arm.

"What do you mean?? I can't score 80?"

"It's biology!!! Do you know how hard to get over 50?" Daesu exclaimed.

"It's impossible for people ranked below twenty to get 80 in a biology paper, my experience told me." Suhyeok leaned towards the direction of Minji.

"Tell me, what method did you use? The eraser? Water bottle? Or under the skirt??"

"Are you assuming that I cheated??" Minji crossed her arms and shot him a glare. "I use my fucking brain, okay?!"

"According to an expert, if you can do well in biology, you won't be too bad at other subjects. This is because biology itself is the hardest to get good grades in Korea." Daesu pointed out.

"What expert said that?" Hyoryeong frowned at the boy beside him.

"That expert's name is Yang Daesu. Applause!" He clapped for himself, the others just rolled their eyes.

"I mean, it is not totally bullshit. Biology is hard to score high because the marking scheme is weird as fuck." Jungkook chuckled. "I always think you shouldn't be only below twenty."

He looked at Minji, squinting one of his eyes in suspicion. The girl just sighed.

"It is possible in Hyosan high. This school is bullshit." She shrugged.

"Well, I cannot deny this statement. Bullying is so serious but no one gives a shit." Suhyeok mumbled, seemed to have recall some of his memories.

"And their shitty system. They don't really care about students, they just care about the school's rank." She put a stick into the fire.

Everyone remained silent, listening to Minji.

"They said we are teenagers, we don't know what we are doing, we are immature and it is important for us to be totally under parents' supervision for school affairs, isn't it." The girl scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I never get my dad to sign my report cards. And so..." She shrugged. "They basically don't recognise my academics effort, saying that rebellious teenagers who doesn't build good relationship with parents like me would ruin the school's image."

"Huh, this doesn't make sense at all, so bullies like Yoon Gwinam are not seen as rebellious?" Cheongsan scowled.

"His parents always come to save him, and he always have whatever ways to make the weak ones shut up in front of teachers. Oh! Most importantly, his parents always donate to the school." Minji sighed. "That's why I hate adults, we have no say in front of those assholes." she pressed her lips.

"That's...fucking bullshit." Jungkook cussed.

Minji looked down to her knees, that was the first time she talked to so many others about herself. She had contradicting feelings. A strong relief filled in her after she was able to tell someone these personal issues, as if a load was finally off her mind. Yet, she could not deny the fact that she was worried, that if she exposed herself more, she would be hurt again.

Then she felt a hand placed on her shoulder gently. It squeezed her a few times, as if it was comforting her that everything would be fine, ensuring her that it was on her side no matter what. She glanced up to the owner of the warm grip, who was already fixing his gaze on her.

Jungkook's eyes were talking too, they told her to let go of her worries because he was there. Minji smiled at the boy, placing her hand on his and mouthed a thank you.

"So..." Minji turned to the voice from a boy on the opposite side of the fire. He gulped, but the glint in his eyes behind the flames pierced into Minji.

Before he even continued, Minji already understood the meaning of that glint.

A glint of curiousness.

"It has something to do with your dad, right? That's why...the principal said he is telling the police about your relationship?" He carefully questioned, observing the girl's reaction.

Minji looked at the flickering fire blandly as it burned with the despondent memories of years past. Cheongsan's words echoed in her mind, inviting her to return to the old days that were as dark as the chars that were left around the glowing lit.

***

A/N: woohoo finally you are going to dive in Minji's memories with her!! Are you guys excited about it?! xxddd please stay tuned but i won't update until friday because im having exam on friday T_T

ANWSS i have been receiving so much loves, thank you all of you for reading this, having you guys are the best!! don't be shy and vote/comment wherever you want!! I really love reading them:333

Lastly let's spend a moment appreciating this super cool new book cover one of my awesome reader kooggxk__ made for me??!!! This is crazyyy and i love it so much!!!