Chapter 11: The Player is Different

Warm light shined into the curtained room, lightening the cushions over my head and feeling the warmth under my blanket. I smiled feeling the soft bed over my skin, it was so relaxed. I haven’t felt like this for years. I smiled to open my eyes and turned my body over, where I was all snuggled up in the cuddly blanket. And that was when I saw a familiar face.

“Morning!” He said with a sunshine sparkle in his ocean eyes.

My eyes lifted slowly as they widened and I panicked. Not knowing what to do, I kicked hard with my bandaged foot into his stomach and he was off the bed with a loud thud.

Sitting up, I reached for pillow ready to throw it on him. He stood up, rubbing his stomach, “What was that for?” Dean started, “I was just saying morning.”

 “How did you get in here?” I questioned.

He smiled, “Not telling you.”

I glared at him, “And why you’re in my room?”

He smiled again, and opened the white curtains, where the room was filled with light, “Because I want to see you.”

I glanced back at him, “Really?” I paused, “Is that all?”

He grinned, “Nope. I also wanted to know your answer.”

“What answer?”

“You know,” He turned to skip around and settled himself next to my bed, “about the party tonight.”

I looked at him, and I remembered, “Oh, you mean the official party, tonight.” I played along with him.

“Yeah,” He smiled, “You remembered. So are you going?”

I turned to look by the curtains, “I still need time to think.” I got out of my bed and pushed him over to the door. “And I need some privacy too.” I glared at him.

He smiled, “Okay.” He grinned, “I’ll be outside waiting.”

“You better not go in here.” I warned him, “Or I’m seriously going to break something of yours.”

He smiled again, and I shut the door tight, locking it and then placing a chair next to the door knob. I hope he doesn’t do anything, I sighed, but this is for just in case. 

I went over to wardrobe and pulled out a fresh new black suit.

***

“Are you done yet?” He knocked on the door.

“Harris?” I paused, trying to tie my shoe laces, “You’re here too?”

“Yeah.” He sounded like he was smiling, “I’m the one who opened to lock to your room.”

“You what?”

He chuckled, “Anyways, just come out will you?”

I finished tying my laces and stood up, straightened my black suit. I walked over to the door, pulling the chair out and unlocked the door with a click. The moment I opened the door I saw Harris smiling at me.

“So are you coming?” He asked, looking at me.

I moved him over “Still thinking.” I answered, and I walked over to the kitchen.

Standing there I saw Dean searching for the cupboards, with a popcorn machine popping the popcorn out. “Hey!” He called out, “Do you know where the large bowls are?”