ACT 2

at the dorm cafeteria

Yunho was eating his lunch in silence, reading a book that he had borrowed from the dorm library. Everyone else had already finished and went off to their jobs, living him alone. Not that he minded. Oh, he certainly enjoyed some private time. But it was nowhere near private. Someone else was in there with him.

Hyunjin lifted his half empty plate and moved to the table where Yunho was sitting. He'd been staring at him for the longest time possible, hoping that he'd get the message and pay some attention to him. Yunho wasn't one to read people's minds though, and now it was up to Hyunjin to make the first move.

"Hi" he said, pulling out a chair and setting his plate on the table.

Yunho averted his eyes from the book and opened his mouth in surprise.

"Uh...hey"

"Can I sit here?"

"You already did, but sure."

"Right. I'm Hyunjin. From Stray Kids."

He offered his hand. Yunho shook it clumsily and avoided his gaze.

"I'm Yunho. From Ateez"

"Yeah, I know"

"You...know?"

"Yeah. You guys have become quite popular."

"Oh. Thanks"

Yunho smiled at him and pretended that he had gone back to reading, frantically trying to save himself from the absolute humiliation of talking to other people.

"Is this The Alchemist?" Hyunjin asked pointing at the book.

"Y-yes, it's from the library. Do you know it?"

"If I know it? That's one of the most popular books of all time."

"Really? I had no idea" Yunho felt completely ashamed but fortunately it didn't show on his stern face.

"And not to mention, my favorite. No matter how many books I read, I always come back to it. Ugh, it's just so good" Hyunjin sat back on his chair and clutched his heart dramatically.

Yunho laughed a little and finally looked at the person in front of him, inspecting him closely.

"So you're a book worm, too? You...don't look like one at first glance"

"You bet I am" Hyunjin said proudly. "And I take that you are, as well."

"Mh-hm"

"See? One thing in common. I think we'll get along"

Hyunjin laughed excitedly and Yunho did the same, no longer being able to concentrate on the lines that were spread out in the pages of the book. For the first time, he had found someone who wouldn't make fun of him for reading during his free time.