Chapter 1

Following Him

- Chapter 1

Walking through the park, you and your boyfriend; hand in hand, not a care in the world. The sun is shining brightly, twinkling in the corner of your eye. You look up at the boy who means everything to you, smile, and go back to thinking how great your life is right now. He turns towards you, stares into your eyes for a while, then he slowly moves closer towards you. He gently lifts your chin up, and kisses you with his soft lips. The only thing going through your head is "wow".

Well, that's what life used to be like. For me, anyway. He had everything anyone could ever want. He was tall, handsome, great smile, beautiful green eyes, perfect blonde hair, perfect face! He was everything I wanted, anyway. And to think I lost it all. I suppose you'd like to know the story. It goes back a few years.

***

 "Sam! Sam, wake up! It's time for school. Sam! You're going to be late!" Bellowed my mother in her 'do as your told or you'll suffer' tone. "Sam, get up!" She banged on the door so loud that it sounded like a grenade had just landed outside. She may not have been banging that loud, but when you've just been woken up at 7 o'clock in the morning... Well, you get what I mean.

"I'm up, Mum. Go away!" I shouted back to her, still laying in my bed.

"When you're dressed come get your breakfast, love," She said. Funny. She's out of her morning 'get everyone up loudly,' mode, and into her 'morning sweety,' one. Oh, I do have a wonderful mother.

I lazily dragged myself out of bed, really not wanting to go to school. Who would want to? The smell of eggs and bacon was drifting into my room. Hungry, I wanted to rush downstairs and gobble up everything in sight. Sadly, I had to get ready for school. I rushed into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Afterwards, I took my clothes from my wardrobe and changed into them. I looked myself in the mirror.

"My hair is a total mess," I complained. Grabbing my brush, I tugged at the mess on my head that looked like I'd just been electrocuted. Finally, my hair started to look better. I took my mascara and pale pink lipstick from my make-up case and added them to my face. I had started to look more alive. Mum always said I look like a zombie when I wake up in a morning. It's typical, really. All she ever does is shout at me or make fun of how I look.

I sat down at the table watching my little brother, Ben, swallow a spoonful of cornflakes almost whole. Ben is 4, and possibly the weirdest person I've ever met, but he's family so I guess I love him for it. After covering the table in milk and not bothering to clean it up, Ben charged off to his room like a Power Ranger. The red one; his favourite!

I picked up my bag and headed for the door. I didn't bother saying bye to anyone. Ben was in his room being his weirdo usual self, and Mum was busy cleaning his 'mess' on the kitchen table. Dad was never home anyway. He was always 'busy working'. I'd get to see him on weekends, if I was lucky.

I twirled a piece of hair around my finger as I waited for the bus with Jenny. Jenny being my ultimate best friend in the whole world. I don't know what I'd do without her. She gives the best advice. I'd die without her.

'O-M-G! Here comes Alex,' I internally panicked. No, I didn't fancy him. Although he is pretty good looking, I have to admit, but no, I didn't fancy him. He may well have been the hottest guy in our year, but I didn't fancy him. He has nice eyes. They're green. They stand out against his tan skin. He has nice hair, too; nice blonde hair. And he has the cutest little nose... Okay, maybe I do fancy him. But it's not like I'm the only one! He is so gorgeous, though.

"Hey Sam, hey Jenny," Alex greeted us, grinning in that really cute way he does.

"Hey Alex," I smiled back. I was so nervous talking to him!

"You look nice today, Sam."

What? What did he just say? Alex the fittest-boy-ever said that I look nice today? Surely he was lying. I mean, me? Him? What?!

"Thanks," I mumbled. "You too," I added with a shy smile.

"Wanna sit next to me? Jenny can sit right across from us if you like."

I nodded, not trusting my voice.

"That's great," He grinned at me again.

The bus arrived. 'Am I dreaming?' I thought. I was about to give myself a quick pinch on the arm, but decided against it as I would look like a total weirdo in front of Alex. He took hold of my hand. Uh, what? 'Alex is holding my hand! I can't believe it!'

I sat down next to Alex. I barely said anything. I knew that if I did say anything, it would be something horribly stupid or embarressing. My luck around cute boys!

Alex reached into his bag for something. A tiny piece of paper. Probably ripped out of one of his school books. It was all folded into a little ball. He gently took hold of my hand a placed the little paper ball into my palm. I fiddled with it, opening every little fold carefully; like it might have exploded if I opened it too fast. When would that ever happen? Gosh, Sam. You watch too much TV.

I finally got to the last little fold on the paper. I opened it slowly. It revealed a short, but sweet little message. A message that made my heart race.

'I like you.'

Corniest thing ever.

I looked up at him. He looked nervous. I didn't want him to be, because that's what I am! If he's nervous and I'm nervous, where's this going to end?

He began to speak, "Sam?"

"Yeah?" I asked in a daze. I didn't know what to expect. Why is he acting this way? Why me? Not that I didn't want him to like me, it's just, why me? He could have chosen any other prettier, more popular girl, but he chose me.

Alex chose me. Sweet, sweet Alex.

"Will you go out with me?"

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say yes but the words just weren't coming. I looked over at Jenny who was staring out of the window. 'Just say it, Sam!' I argued with myself.

I looked back at him, "Alex?"

"Yeah, Sam?"

"I'm not dreaming, am I?"

He chuckled, "No, you're not."

"Oh."

He smiled nervously, "so what do you say?"

"Sure," I replied, with as much confidence as I could muster.

He grinned from ear to ear. If this was any other guy, I probably would have complained that he was smiling too much. He looked straight at me and said, "If you were dreaming, you wouldn't be able to feel this."

He squeezed my hand gently, which caused my face to heat up in a blush.

I couldn't believe it. I was Alex's girlfriend!

The bus stopped and we got off. Alex was holding my hand and Jenny was shooting me weird looks. I did a quick 'come here' sign, and she jogged over to me. I whispered into her ear, "Alex asked me out." I let out a quiet shreek. She looked at me, then at Alex and back to me again. She too shreeked and gave me a big hug. She then linked arms with me and we made our way towards the school doors.

I was so happy. I had an extremely good looking boyfriend, and an amazing, unreplacable best friend, both stood each side of me. I was on top of the moon!

This is my first book :D

Yeah, I know, it's incredibly cheesy. Get over it ;)

Btw, I've edited it a few times since I first posted it, Incase you hadn't realised.

If you liked it, please vote/comment/fan ! xxxxxx