Chapter 83

I step out of the shower feeling great. As if all of the drama from earlier was washed away.

I look in the mirror seeing a slightly burnt Naomi. I have red on my cheekbones and on my nose.

I put on the most comfortable clothes I can find and leave the room to see what people are doing.

I see a few people laughing and laying on the couch and the floor. I also see a couple making out from the corner of my eye. I don't turn to see because it's obviously Courtney and Adam. I go to the kitchen to make myself coffee. Coffee is sacred.

"Coffee?" asks Courtney leaving her bedroom with a towel over her head

I smile and nod

Wait.

I look back to see who was making out since it wasn't Courtney and I see Hazel and Dylan in the middle of an intense make out session. YES GET IT HAZEL!

I laugh to myself and Henry stares at me like I'm crazy.

"What?" I ask

"Coffee at night?" He asks

"Yes, coffee at night" I say

"And coffee in the morning?" He asks

"Yea.." I say

He shrugs

"Well alright" he smiles

His smile dies down and I can tell something is bothering him

"Can I ask you something?" he says

"Sure"

His voice turns into a whisper

"I don't know what's going on but Monett hasn't been acting the same. I don't know if I did anything to upset her but she's acting so weird! We haven't had sex in like a month! She always says she's too tired or some other lame excuse but I'm not buying it. Monett would never miss sex just because."

I'm kinda still grossed out with the idea that my friends have sex on a daily basis. I know, I'm immature.

"I'm not sure" I say trying to think "but I thought it was weird that I haven't seen you guys kiss or anything lately"

"I know right! She hasn't even given me a hug or 1 kiss this whole trip! I'm scared she wants to break up"

"Don't worry" I say "she might be going through something. I'll talk to her"

"Thanks" he smiles

I pour sugar into my coffee and stir it with a spoon.

We're missing Miles, Zac, and Monett. They're probably sill taking a shower or something.

The game starts in half an hour. Monett grabs my wrist.

"Can we talk?" She asks

"Yea" I say

We go to her bedroom where her and Henry sleep. She looks glum.

"I missed my period" she finally says "...I think I'm pregnant"

I look at her in disbelief.

"You're not pregnant. Do you use protection?" I ask

"Sometimes.."

"What do you mean sometimes?!"

Her eyes start to water. I take a deep breath

"When was the last time that you got you're period?" I ask

"Two months ago" she says

"Maybe you're just really late" I say

"I'm not late" she says "I'm always perfectly on schedule"