chapter 8

I slammed the sword on the tree, tears of anger ran down my filthy cheeks. I pulled the sword away and stepped back. I almost tripped but I caught my balance.

"Are you done?"

I sobbed and stabbed the sword onto the grass. I turned around and wipped away the tears angrily. Alex sighed and uncrossed his hands, he motioned me over. But I stayed in my same spot, i rolled my eyes.

"I'm not talking to my father" I growled, my accent was deep and harsh. Alex scratched the back of his neck. I looked at him angrily, i laughed and more tears stained my cheeks. I turned around, alex made a promise to my dad that he would get me to talk to him as soon as I woke up. As soon as alex told me the news, i ran off into the woods the only place i actually feel alive.

"Talk to him, he's worried"

"I said I'm not talking to him!" I yelled, i looked at the tree i almost chopped down.

"Payton, you can't keep this up.. he's your father"

"I don't have a father"

"Stop acting like a little child....you are not helping yourself acting like he's not alive" he said, I looked at him.

"Why don't you just leave?"

"I don't need you to look over me. I don't need you to be here at my side, i can take care of my self pretty well" I growled, i walked towards him and purposely bumped my shoulder on his arm. I stomped towards the little walk way I took towards the dropship.

"You won't be able to keep this up, one day you'll have to talk to him" he called after me, i shrugged and kept walking. I sped walked around not looking where I was going.

Who the hell does he think he is? Just because my father ordered him to watch over me and protect me doesn't mean he can boss me around.

I stoped and sighed, i forgot my sword. I turned around i walked slowly towards my little spot. My head turned left to right, i couldn't recognize anything.

"What"

I stoped and gave a 360 turn. Nothing, i couldn't recognize anything. I stood deadly still, i closed my eyes and heard voices at the distance. I got tense, i didn't open my eyes but I heard them really close. I opened them and walked slowly towards the steps, i leaned on a tree and then i saw two distant figures. I pressed my back against the tree.

I kneeled and waited for them to pass by. That's when i saw the familiar blonde. I let out a sigh and stood up, i walked towards them.

"What the hell are you two up to?" I asked as I jumped out of the bushes to them. Clarke stepped back surprised and bellamy was in a tense fighting stance. He was grabbing the strap of his bag tightly. I leaned on my left leg and crossed my arms over my chest. They looked at each other in relief, i raised an eyebrow at them.

"It's just you"

"Yeah, just me"

"Where are you going? " I asked, i stood straight now. Bellamy looked at clarke.

"Tell her princess" I looked at him, he gave her a smirk. It made me cringe i closed my eyes and shook my head. Clarke rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Kaine told us about a military base or refuge that's a few miles from here.....he tought we should go check for some supplies for the group." She explained. I nodded in response, i moved out the way.

"Lead the way" I said, Bellamy looked at me.

"Your not coming"

"Why not?" I asked innocently and i tilted my head to the side. He gave me a warning look, it felt like a never ending staring contest. I could feel clarke giving us a confused look.