We're not a pack

3 weeks later

"I'm not going to hang around and watch you die." Jake said before running out of the Cullen's house.

"Jake wait!" I ran outside after him.

"You knew?" I just nodded. "You knew and said nothing. You knew she's dying and you didn't tell anybody!"

"It wasn't my secret to tell. You should know that." I felt ashamed. He was right. I could have told, but I couldn't and chose not to.

"That's not the point! That thing is killing her! And your supporting her! How long have you known?"

I didn't even look at him I knew he would get upset."Lillian, how long?" He was shaking and growling.

"Almost a month." He grew even angrier. He phased and ran. He then howled. No! He's going to tell them! I phased and ran after him.

I saw everything jake was showing the pack. And that I knew about it for a month and said nothing. Sam ordered us to meet. Which worried me and so I stopped a few meters before I got to them.

"If they don't kill it, we will." -Sam

"You wouldn't attack them for breaking the treaty this afternoon. Now your planning an ambush. When the treaty is still intact!" -jake

That was all I heard. I couldn't take it. It was playing over and over in my head. They were going to kill them all! I decided to finally join them.

"I can't believe this! YOU'RE going to kill an innocent baby?"

"It's a killer!" - Sam

"She's human too!"

"She's dying." -Leah.

That did it. I went and attacked her. I was about to sink my teeth into her flank when Sam's teeth cut into my own flank and pulled me back.

"Lillian, you are our strongest fighter. You will fight tonight!" He was using his Alpha voice to command me.

"No!" I screamed as I embraced my birthright. No one could dispute the Alpha's decision-except for me. I couldn't hear the pack anymore. And it felt great.

"Lillian, what have you done?"-Sam

"You cannot Command me! You have no right!" I yelled with my Alpha voice. "I will not help you! I won't follow you, Sam."

"You would choose our enemies over your family?"

"They aren't our enemies! They never were." He ignored me.

"There cannot be more than one Alpha. You gave me the position." I didn't fight back. He was right. "Will you really turn against your brothers? Your tribe?"

"Ephraim Black's heir was not born to follow Levi Uley's.' And I'm not turning against anyone. I'm doing what's right!"

"Is that it Lillian Black? Even if you defeat me, the pack will never follow you!"

"Defeat you?" I chuckled. "I'm not going to fight you Sam. I never planned to. I'm on my own."

"Lillian!" He called after me but i ran as fast as I could. "Paul!" I assumed Paul tried to run after me, but was stopped.

I then ran and went back to the Cullen's where I found clothes on the ground. Esme must have left them.

"A dress!" I muttered. "Really Alice!"