Yours

this is another request! i took a few creative liberties, but i can def write another one if the requester had something else in mind, and of course i won't be offended too btw!! i hope everyone enjoys!

It was no secret that JJ was, perhaps, the most wanted boy in the Outer Banks. Girls swooned over him, hoping to get a chance with him, and it was almost never subtle.

JJ didn't care. All he cared about was her.

His girl, his (Y/N). 

How could he want anything more? She was perfect, to him, to the pogues, to everyone. It didn't matter that you thought you had so many imperfections, that was actually what drew JJ towards you. Your personality, your unwillingness to bow down to him due to the fact that he was known to be the biggest flirt on the island, how you had all these little things about yourself that he just couldn't help but love.

You, unfortunately, did not see your imperfections as things to love, so when there were other girls around him, you got extremely insecure and nervous.

That's what happened that night.

John B and the group had planned to have a big party on the beach, and you and JJ had spent the day zipping around town to get supplies necessary for the event.

The party had started about an hour ago, and you were having a lot of fun, just enjoying being a stupid teenager. You had been having a lot of fun with your cousin, Kiara, and were suddenly pulled away from enjoying yourself when a girl whispered in your ear to quote; 'check your man.'

You snapped your head up, scanning the shoreline for the blonde boy. You finally found him, and he was talking to some girl.

You weren't the angry jealous type, you were the nervous jealous type. And it showed. A lot.

The girl was undeniably gorgeous. Long, honey colored hair, had a fit, tanned body, and it felt like she was everything you weren't. You became very self conscious, looking down at the old t-shirt you were wearing that was JJ's, sandals, and a pair of faded jean shorts. Her, on the other hand, was clad in a tight crop top, shorts that were barely covering her butt, and a pair of sneakers.

You felt like your heart was being crushed into a million little pieces.

JJ POV

Some touron wouldn't stop talking to me, I knew she wanted to go back to her hotel, based on the way she was arching her body towards me and twirling her hair with her finger. I tried to let her down easy, as I know (Y/N) wouldn't want me to be rude, which is what I would've been before we started dating. She really makes me a better person, and I know she wouldn't want me to hurt this girl's feelings too bad.

"...what do you think?"

The touron's voice snapped me out of thinking of my lovely girlfriend. "Sorry, what?"

"Do you wanna come back to my hotel?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, you got the wrong idea. I have a girlfriend I love very much, and I just didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"Seriously?" she snapped, putting her hands on her hips.

I started to get more irritated. "Yeah, seriously. Go try again somewhere else," I said, turning around and walking away from her to go find (Y/N).

YOUR POV

You walked back to the chateau, wanting to get somewhere so you didn't throw up. This usually happened when something really stressed you out, you hated it and the rest of the pogues knew it, so they usually left you alone when that happened, per your request. You begged Kie not to tell JJ that you were feeling sick. Once you got inside, you sat on the couch and put your head in your hands, and started to have self-doubt about why JJ would pick you. He could have any girl he wanted, but he chose you, and for what? You felt that you weren't particularly beautiful, you weren't wild and crazy like him, and you just felt like you didn't deserve JJ.