Devastation

'Jack!' he hears John yell him across the car park and waits for him to catch up 'whats going on?' He asks as he's walking through the door to the training centre.
Jacks looks at him eyes puffy, he'd clearly been crying at some point 'I dunno, someone's leaked stuff from sophs birthday and then Mauras gone and sold a story on us hasn't she' he takes his hat off and rubs his forehead
'Sold a story on what?' John asks he puts his bag down in the locker room
Jack sits on the bench with his head hung low 'that's it there was nothing to sell a story on mate, like she said I'd been sending her saucy messages. I think the worst it got was telling her she looked good in a bikini and thats tame for me, yknow.' He lets out a huge sigh 'I just don't know why I replied in the first place, she was just saying like well done on the move to city and I said thanks but then she just continued to bombard my inbox. I love Soph, yknow I do. I just don't think she'll trust me now.'
John sits down on the bench next to him 'mate she rocked up at Jos this morning in her pjs crying her eyes out then fell asleep on the sofa' he shrugs still not understanding how she fell asleep so fast 'I think it's going to take more than lavish gifts and grovelling to fix this one' he pats him on the back.
'I know what I can do' he nods to himself. 'Ya still got that interior designer you had for your old gaf?'
He nods and exchanges the number with him.
'I'll be back in a minute' he says as he runs into the hall.
__________________________
Training had finished and the boys returned to the locker room gathering their belongings. John was the first out the shower he could here jacks phone buzzing in his locker, and then his own. He retrieves it to find he had 24 missed calls off jo. He panics instantly ringing back.
'John?' Jo shouts as she answers
He shouts back 'yeah, is everything okay?' He has his phone pressed to his ear and his hand pressed to the other so he can hear
'John you need to bring Jack to the hospital ASAP. It's Soph there's been an accident' she's still shouting hysterically
Hes silent for a moment processing a plan 'which hospital babe?'
He hears her asking a nurse what hospital they're in 'the Royal infirmary'
'Be there in about 15 minutes' he hangs up, and heads back to the showers to get Jack.
Jacks walking out as he gets to the entrance 'Jack you need to get dress now, we need to go to the hospital, it's Soph there's been an accident'
He'd never seen him move so fast, faster than he'd ever been on the pitch. He was dressed in a minute straight chucking his bag over his shoulder.
Walker shouts as he's leaving 'Jack your misses is all over the news' everyone congregating round him to see what was going off. But jack didn't care, he was already out the door, he just wanted to get to Soph.
_________________________________
Jack jumps out the car as they approach a&e and John goes and parks the car. The security guard trying to stop him on the way in 'are you here for yourself sir?'
Jack looks up from under his cap 'my fiancé's just been brought in, she pregnant' he can't even tell him why she was here, he just didn't know.
'Mr grealish, yes this way please' what the fuck is going on he thought. How did this security guard know more than him.
He's walking rapidly keeping up with him 'do you know what happened? Is she okay?' He questions the security guard.
He glances at Jack and then back forward 'I can't disclose information but I think it's best you see her first'
He gets to a ward and the security guard rings the bell and tells the receptionist some kind of password. 'This is a private ward, we thought it would be best'
He waves Jack inside who's greeted by a nurse 'she just in number 3' he walks in the side room, soph asleep with monitors attached to her. Jo resting her head on the bed who sits up to the sound of someone walking in the room. When she notices it's Jack she starts to wells up throwing her arms round him. He can't take his eyes off Soph, he notices blood on the bedsheets 'what's going on jo?' She's sobbing exactly like Soph was to John this morning. 'We just wanted to go shopping Jack, just to take her mind off what happened this morning.' He notices the beeping of the machines altering to a different pace and back again 'the paps, they were brutal. They pulled me off her, I couldn't protect her' she looks over at Soph 'they were screaming questions at her, swarming her, she tripped, they didn't even help her jack'
'What have they done to her jo?' He shouts, he told her she needed security. She looks at him, her eyes full of sadness. She just didn't know how to tell him. 'What is it?' He's crying now at the apprehension of what was wrong.
She took a deep breath and squeezes his shoulders 'she's lost one of the babies Jack, I'm so sorry' he falls to the floor trying to alter his breathing to calm down but he can't. The tears fall so hard he feels like he could be sat in a puddle. John helps him up off the floor, jack unsure of when he even entered the room. He holds him as he cry's. Jo hands him a tissue and pushes his hair back off his face. 'You know that beeping you hear Jack?' He looks at her and she point to the machine 'that's the strongest heart beat you'll ever hear!' He frowns at her 'it's your baby boy Jack!'
John squeezes him tight as an appropriate congratulations.
Jack wipes the tears from his eyes 'it's a boy?'