Lin's Pov: Company.

A familiar warmth surrounds me. It's suffocating. Shifting my head to the side I open my eyes to see the brightness of the morning. Just a few more minutes....

Trying to enjoy the closeness of Puro I bury my face back into what I presume to be his chest. His breath tickles the top of my head as he sleeps blissfully. Each rise and fall of his breathing marks another second spent in contentment. Sometimes I wish that I could stay in your arms forever Puro. It's so peaceful..so calm.

A light tapping interrupts my thought train. Nevermind. Trying to find the source of the noise I groggily lift my head and stare down at Puro. His arms rest above his head as his mouth hangs open slightly. His fur is ruffled making it look extra inviting to sink in. How can he manage to be so lovable even while unconscious?

With slight hesitation, I crawl away from Puro and turn to face the rest of the room. WHAT THE!?

Right smack dab in the middle of the doorway is Dr.K. Leaning against the frame with a smirk. Like some sort of high school bully waiting for another unfortunate victim.

My face flushes with embarrassment. How exactly long was he standing there? Did he see Puro and I all cuddled together sleeping? Why does he always come in at the worst times!

Hearing the nonsense Puro stirs behind me and grumbles "Lin? What's going on? Gah!"

The sheets fly off of the bed as he jumps up in surprise. Scrambling off of the bed he shoots up next to me and stands. In normal circumstances, I would've laughed at his clumsiness but unfortunately, we are both suffering the same torture of embarrassment.

"Hey Dr.K! What uhm...brings you up so early?" His voice is a mixture of nervousness and genuine confusion. Poor Puro. One of us had to say something.

Dr.K retorts his grin widening "It's 11 am. The two of you have been sleeping in. After further observation, I can understand why. The two of you looked rather comfortable in each other's arms. Must've been tired since yesterday hm?"

What do I even say to that!

I manage to squeak out "Yeah! It was a lot of...supplies."

I wish I could disappear at this very moment. Melt into a puddle even! Since when was Dr.K such a teasing guy? At least he's happy now compared to at the tower....but why at our expense!

He snickers a little and goes on "Well I wanted to inform you two that I will be leaving. Only until nightfall. I need to make sure the lab isn't in complete chaos without my watch. I've never even left it overnight. You have plenty of food and water so you two should be ok."

We both nod in unison. He nods in affirmation and turns back to the hallway. Turning the corner he stops and peeks his head back.

Dr.K adds with a sheepish smile "Thank you both for trusting me. I know what I put you both through...just thank you. Uhm....goodbye for now."

Before either Puro or I could respond he slips away into the halls of the motel closing the door behind him. That was...surprisingly sweet. His padded footsteps slowly fade away as the two of us are now left alone.

Puro flops back down onto the bed and stares down at his paws. Drooping ears. Still tail. He's upset.

Slowly he lifts his head to gaze up at me. Those cloudy white eyes have guilt written all over them.

"I'm sorry Lin. I didn't mean for this to happen. I shouldn't have come in last night. Now Dr.K saw us close and he knows something is up.....it's all my fault."