1.

I sat in this stone cold hell of a kitchen the whole night. Donnie and his team don't deserve to fly off risking their lives not knowing when death will strike. The kitchen brings back memories how we had our lukewarm tea and cake just the way we like it. Funny to know I spent so many years of my life with him. Like most military wives we have hope that one day they will walk back into our home, but we can only dream.

I hear footsteps on the hard wooden floor I turn back to see my husband standing by the kitchen doorway at five in the morning in his uniform. I get off the chair and step towards him trying to show no weakness. My head hits his hard uniform medals and he begins to rub my hair... like it will make a difference. He drops his head to look at me with his glowing brown eyes. "Promise you will write to me?"

"Will try." I place my hand over my mouth as the tears could not hold back.

"Hey don't cry just stay strong"

"I will try." I sniff "If I am in need of  any help I got Miss Miles and Hetty just across"

Hetty is my best friend. We grew up on the north side of England by the countryside. Went to the same school, did the same things. It was like a mirroring affect.

He sighs and looks at me then gives me his soft passionate kiss "Just remember I will come back there is nothing..." the military truck parks in the middle of the road and the loud sirens goes off for the soldiers to leave.

He then kisses my forehead and walks out the door. The door opens and cold winter morning air rushes in through the house. I tighten my velvet dressing gown and stand to look out side the window. The truck contain the lives of innocents drives off. I will not fall into a pit of sorrow, I'm a strong women and I am sure my husband will come back into our home safe. I close the door with the knob hitting the warmth of my fingers making my body shiver.

The last tear falls and i fiercely whip it away. I can't go back to sleep once I wake up I'm ready. I take a stroll to the bathroom, maybe being alone with a bit of stress won't hurt anyone. I filled the bath with hot water, undressed and just lied there. I let my fingers play around with the steamy water and touched my stomach. Looking down I think about how much Donnie and I wish for a child. They say something is wrong with me and that God will one day help a childless family like ours. I always wanted a little girl. Hetty is pregnant with her first child from her handsome husband Benjamin. I am thrilled but in a sad way jealous. I  always thought I would have a child before her.

I snap out of my mindful thinking finally wash myself probably and got out in the harsh condition and put some warm clothes on. Didn't bother to eat anything wasn't in the mood for food. I felt... lonely.

I walk out my home across the road to my sweet Hetty and before I got to her door I found my husbands scarf. I crouch down picking it up. Must of fallen out while they were packing as a reminder I decided to wear the thick red and yellow wool scarf and it had his masculine smell on it.

Authors note:
This is a pretty short chapter but anyway will make them longer

I currently have 34 drafts to publish but they are still in progress after I make this story much better than it is right now