- s e v e n -

Mei's POV

"Holy shit.."
I exhaled as my panda ears poofed out of my hair.
Miriam chuckled and uncomfortably adjusted her beanie.
"Can I...kiss you...again?"
Miriam asked nervously. She didn't look me in the eyes, just fiddled with her thumbs.
I think I forgot to answer because I just yanked the collar of her shirt and smashed my lips into hers.
This time her hands landed on my waist and I was pulled closer than last time. The kiss lasted a lot longer than the first, and no complaints from me.
We separated again, the only sound being the sound of our lips departing.

Gross description Lee but whatever.

I glance around my room nervously, but then I catch my alarm clock.
12:48 a.m
I nearly screamed.
"Mir it's so late we have school tomorrow!"
I gasped and stood off my bed, gripping my hair in frustration.
"Sorry! I'll go, and I'll see you tomorrow!"
Miriam smiled as she quickly hopped out of my window and silently waved to me. I closed my window, then the curtains and stood in the middle of my room like a psycho because I just made out with my long term best friend and crush...
Your mother is in the next room over you sicko! What if she heard you!
I had to stop myself from screaming, so I face planted into my pillows and decided to pass away.
-
-
-
I woke up the next morning, dazed and in a world of complete euphoria. I got dressed in some baggy mom jeans, my yellow and white striped sweater my grandmother gave me, along with my usual sneakers. I sighed deeply to myself as I applied some mascara and lip balm and confidently walked out of my room.
"Morning Mei Mei."
My mom greeted me as I sat down and waited for my breakfast.
"Hi mom, hi dad!"
I smiled and poured myself some water from the pitcher in front of me.

"You're an awful chipper..."
My mom shot me a suspicious smile and placed a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me.
"Just had a great sleep!"
I smiled and began digging in.
"Yes, I noticed our back gate was open this morning."
My heart dropped.
"Really.. uh why's that..?"
I nervously asked, refusing to look her in the eye.
"I don't know. I figured you'd be able to tell me."
She sat down across from me and neatly began eating her food.
"Nope! No clue, my guess is raccoons haha!"
I nervously laughed and finished off my eggs.
"Looks like I'll have to get more locks for that gate.."
My mom placed her hands on Dads shoulders and smiled.
"We'll! I'd hate to be late!"
I stated loudly and cleared my plate and neatly put it in the dishwasher.
"See you guys later, love you!"
I grabbed my bag and whipped out of the front door as fast as I possibly could.
I sighed deeply as I successfully made it down the sidewalk.
New problem: how am I going to properly face Mir today!?
I tried to remain positive-
"MEI!"
Abby hopped on my back and rested her head on my shoulder.
"JESUS- ABBY!?"
I screamed as I quickly grabbed her legs to stop her from potentially falling.
"Wow piggy backs without me."
Priya smiled slightly and had her arms folded as she approached.
"Not exactly-"
I let put a sigh and put Abby down.
"Jeez- do you have a fever or something Mei?"
Abby slapped my forehead and cheeks, apparently trying to see if I'm sick.
"No- stop slapping me!"
I took her hand away from my face and glared at her.
"Wait why're you so red?"
Priya also put her hand to my face, then felt around my neck.
"I don't know!"
I squirmed away from their grasp and tucked my hair behind my ears.
"Do you have a fever?"
I felt another hand sneak onto my face but it wasn't Abby's.. or Priya's.
"You are super red! Do you need a Tylenol? Some water?"
Miriam looked concerned as she felt my face.
Awesome now I'm probably more red.
"HAH! No I'm fine! I'm fine stop touching my face! We're gonna be late let's move it girls!"
I began marching down the street closer to the school.
"Girls!?"
Tyler's voice cracked as he walked closer to us, a slushie straw lingering in his mouth.
"Anywaayysss-"
Abby began, in her usual devilish tone.
"WHAT A HOTTIE!"
Abby poked Miriam in the side, her poking fun at Miriam for her change of style.
I can agree though, Miriam is gorgeous...
Her hair wasn't in braids, but two curly pigtails that looked like fluffy balls, she was wearing baggy blue jeans with a white tank top and her typical flannel that was rolled up to her elbows.
She wasn't much of a makeup person but I can appreciate the messy mascara and strawberry lip balm.
"Quit it Abby."
Miriam blushed and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms and kicking some rocks from under her feet.
-
-
We arrived to school, me and Miriam haven't yet exchanged any words, just occasional looks where we would both whip our faces away.
Our schedules all matched up pretty well so we were all in the same classes.