Chapter 29

Jisoo tucked Jennie onto the bed comfortably.

"Where are you going, Chu?" Jennie asked sleepily when she saw Jisoo was about to go out of her bedroom

Jisoo turned to face Jennie.
"In the living room."

"You will not gonna sleep yet?"

"I'm going to sleep on the couch"

Jennie frowned and sat up.
"Why?"

"Because...."

"Sleep with me"

Jisoo's eyes widened and Jennie stifled a laugh because of Jisoo's reaction.

"Silly, not like that."

Jisoo looked away with her flushed face because of embarrassment. Once again, she embarrassed herself in front of Jennie.

"You can sleep here, Chu. I don't mind. I will not be able to sleep, knowing that you'll be sleeping there instead of on your own bed."

"I... I'm not sure, Jen."

"Oh come on, Jisoo. Don't be shy. I don't bite unless you want me to" she smirked

"Jennieeee" Jisoo whined stomping her foot

Jennie giggled because Jisoo looks like a kid.

"I'm just teasing you. Come here. Let's sleep." Jennie patted the space beside her

"Are you sure?" Jisoo asked nervously, this is the first that she will sleep with Jennie

"Definitely, so stop standing there and lie beside me already" Jennie said before lying on the bed giving space for Jisoo.

Jisoo scratched her head looking at the space beside Jennie.

"Chu"

"What?"

"Are you gonna sleep while just standing there?" Jennie asked without looking at her then she close her eyes

"Oh...no. Okay. I'll just go to the bathroom. Give me a second."

Jennie just hummed.

Jisoo went to the bathroom and went back after a minute.

"Jen?" Jisoo called while slipping herself on the bed.

Jennie's eyes are closed so Jisoo thought that maybe she was already sleeping. Jennie was facing her.

Jisoo rested her head on her arm facing Jennie. While her other hand found its way to Jennie's cheek, she started caressing it with her thumb.

Jennie slowly opened her eyes and then looked straight into Jisoo's eyes.

Jisoo smiled softly. "I thought you're asleep already?"

"I was just closing my eyes. I was waiting for you."

"Why?"

"I wanna cuddle."

Jisoo blushed and of course, Jennie noticed it but she didn't tease her because she was actually sleepy already.

"Come here."

Jennie carefully snuggled to Jisoo, making sure not to hurt her bruised cheek. She rested her head on Jisoo's chest while the latter's arms were wrapped around her warmly.

Jennie sighed in contentment.

"Chu?"

"Hmm?" She was stroking Jennie's hair.

"Thank you....thank you for being here. Thank you for protecting me earlier."

Jisoo kissed the top of Jennie's head.
"From now on, I'll protect you and Ella. I won't let anybody hurt you."