Tattletale

part 2 of snitch!!

Kelce ratted you out. It wasn't a surprise. Within the next two days it seemed that everyone on the island knew that you and JJ were together, and it showed. You got stares from girls at school, concerned looks from guys as well. You were dating a boy with a bad reputation, and now everyone knew it. Your parents being mad was an understatement, they had already lost their golden girl Sarah to a pogue, they couldn't let Sarah's irish twin be lost to the south side, too. 

JJ was also feeling the heat, especially from his friends. People at Killdare County High School all thought that it was absolutely unacceptable for JJ Maybank to be dating a so-called stuck up rich girl like you. 

Kiara and Pope were also not too thrilled about how JJ had started dating you.

"No way are you dating girl Rafe, I mean Sarah and JB were one thing, but this is even worse!" Kiara exclaimed to JJ on John B's porch, pacing back and forth. 

"You don't even know her!" JJ shouted, his sudden outburst of emotion not uncommon but still unexpected to the remaining pogues. "She is nothing like Rafe and I won't have you talk about her like that! Understand?!"

Kiara and Pope glanced at each other, stunned at how angry JJ had gotten. 

"UNDERSTAND?!" JJ shouted again, spit flying from his mouth because of how angry he was that they would dare compare you to your monster of a brother. 

Pope put his hands up, surrendering. "Okay, JJ, we got it."

.

.

.

Your day began by you sliding out of bed before your alarm went off, as it was another night of sleeplessness. With mourning Sarah and John B, having the stress of trying to sneak out of the house to see JJ every so often, and the new reputation of a pogue-sympathizer at school, it was impossible to get any sleep any more. 

You covered it up, though. Your day started with trudging downstairs and making a pot of coffee for yourself. After it was done, you poured it into the Wreck mug you had, Kiara had given it to Sarah as a gift, and it was your favorite mug to use. You started to cry, everything seemed to be going so wrong lately, and you just wanted your sister back. She was the one you told everything to, the one who was always was there for you. Your silent crying was interrupted by your dad coming into the kitchen.

"Good morning, peanut."

You quickly wiped your tears and turned to face your father. 

"Hi, daddy."

"Oh what's wrong, hun?"

He came over to you, and wiped your tears with his hand. "I just miss Sarah."

He sighed, pulling you in for a hug. You were unaware of what had happened, just that Sarah had run off with John B and that they were now dead. You knew nothing of the gold, the Royal Merchant, and the psychopath that you called a father. 

"I miss her too, we all do. But we need to stay together, be a family."

You cried a bit more, but once you glanced at the clock on the oven, you pulled away from the hug your father had you in, walking back over to the coffee pot and pouring yourself a cup. "I have to get moving, sorry daddy. I don't want to be late for school."

"That's my girl, always so responsible," he smiled at you, pausing before speaking again. "Well, almost always."

You froze, knowing exactly why he was saying that you were almost always responsible. Before you had a chance to say anything, he headed back upstairs, and you sat down to drink your coffee.