(16) 𝐣𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS FINISHING GETTING DRESSED, putting her necklace on although her dress wasn't properly on yet. The straps were down her arm and the back wasn't properly zipped up. She takes her hairbrush and starts running it through her hair as she sees a figure enter from behind her as she stares into her mirror. Jace takes in her appearance before sighing a little bit. "We're almost ready to go." Jace tells her as he leans against the doorway and she nods her head. Adelaide tilts her head, pulling the straps up her arms as she sees the man simply looking at her.

"Okay, can you help me zip up my dress?" She asks and he nods, making his way over to her. His fingers brush against her back before he finishes pulling up the zipper all of the way. Adelaide feels his hand rub her back and she only smirks to herself for a moment. "You know.. I see the way you look at Clary." Adelaide tells him as she glances back at him for a moment and Jace is caught a little off guard by her comment.

"What are you talking about?" Jace asks, crossing his arms against his chest. Adelaide thought he was kidding but she saw that the man was not following along with what she was saying making her roll her eyes a little bit.

"Oh, don't play dumb."  She says with a smirk as she meets his eyes through the mirror, seeing the semi-confused expression on his face.  "If you like her, you can admit it." Adelaide tells him as she turns to him, raising her eyebrows. It was blatantly obvious that Clary and Jace had a thing for each other.  "Although it will be sad not being able to have fun anymore." She admits with a sigh as she pouts, running a finger down his bicep. Jace chuckles, staring at her as he gives an amused expression. Adelaide turns back to put in her other earring.

"I'm sure you can find someone close to have fun with." Jace teases with a smirk playing on his lips but the girl only furrows her eyebrows as she looks at him through the mirror.

"What?" She asks before turning to face him and he only shrugs, shaking his head. He wanted to see if she would say anything but the girl just seemed confused.

"Nothing." Jace replies as he reaches over and fixes the strap on her dress. Adelaide bends down to put her shoes on as Jace sighs lightly. "And Clary and I aren't a thing." He corrects her and she only looks up at him, raising an eyebrow.

"You say that now." Adelaide retorts before looking back down at her feet but Jace only grabs a hold of her, trapping her in between him and the desk behind her. She was a little surprised but only smirks at him, looking at him expectantly.

"Yes, now. Meaning we can still have our fun." Jace tells her, whispering it into her ear. Adelaide giggles, rolling her eyes playfully as she runs her hands down his chest before pushing him away lightly.