A Little Piece Of Heaven

Start from the beginning

Mary : Stop changing the subject and tell me!

Jace : You're such a stubborn angel. It's your eyes, okay?

Mary : My eyes?

Jace : Yeah, your eyes. I don't know how to explain it. Aside from their incredible color, which by the way have always been my favorite color, you can ask anyone about that, it's the way you look at me. You can't see it, but the first time you looked at me, your eyes flashed, glittered. No other woman had ever looked at me like that. I was mesmerized. You had me under your spell, my adorable little Angel. You enchanted me with just one look. I've been a slave to your eyes ever since, and I don't want to free myself from that slavery.

I'm sure my cheeks are cherry red by now. My heart is racing and my throat is getting dry, but at the same time my mouth is watering. How is this even happening? I can't keep doing this! It has to stop. If Jace keeps this up, telling me these wonderful words, I'm going to have another heart attack.

Jace: What's the matter, Angel? You're blushing. Are y'all right?

Mary: No, Jace! I'm not all right. You're gonna get me killed!

Jace: Me? How?

Mary: With your words!

Jace : Did I say something wrong?

Mary : No, Jace, just the opposite. Everything you say is fantastic and I'm just not used to it.

Jace : I don't understand.

Mary : Don't stop with the compliments, just keep it light.

Jace: Okay! I'm going to give it a try!

Mary : Good!

Jace : This is a first for me too, you know. I've never said anything like that to another woman and I want to say how I feel all together and I get carried away. Besides, you asked!

Mary : In the future, I'll be more careful what I ask.

Jace : Yes! You should do that and also get ready because we're here.

Jace stops the car and I turn my head. Before my eyes rises the glass tower of Harronate Corp, which from where I'm standing looks like it's touching the sky.

 Before my eyes rises the glass tower of Harronate Corp, which from where I'm standing looks like it's touching the sky

Mary : Wow! When I looked at it from a distance, I already thought it was great, but now it's overwhelming!

Jace : Do you like it, Angel?

Mary : It's a little scary, but of course I like it! What floor is your office on?

Jace : At the top and directly below me is my brother's.