- s i x -

Mei's POV

I woke up, my eyes puffy and swollen, my cheeks red and hot from crying until falling asleep.
I hoped it was just a nightmare... but I knew that was just wishful thinking..
I got myself ready, wearing a baggy pair of overalls and a pink red striped shirt.

I stepped out of my room, my bag draped over my right shoulder as I lazily plopped myself at the kitchen table. My mom was just humming to herself, placing a bowl of porridge in front of my and placing a spoon inside.

I ate lazily, and small bits. My appetite is behind me, all I could think about is how dramatically depressed this was going to get knowing I'd never see Mir again...
Call me dramatic if you want but I'm gonna miss her. The goofy smile of hers, her spunky and upbeat attitude, and she wasn't hard to look at either.. her hair was curly and messy but she tamed it with her braids, her eyes were a beautiful hazel colour but would turn more green in the warmer months-

"Mei Mei!"
My mom snapped at me as she held up my bag.
"This fell off your shoulder. Your mumbling and dozing off."
Mom put her hand to her hip and raised her eyebrow at me in that bitchy judgemental face she does.
"I worked a lot yesterday..."
I grumbled and lifted my head from my hand that it was resting on.
"No excuses. You have a bus to catch now get going."
I pried myself up from my chair and lazily took my bag, slinging it over my shoulder.

As soon as my feet hit the sidewalk, I noticed at the street corner, Miriam's flannel whipping by and the sound of her skateboard wheels scratching the pavement.
I look back to make sure mom wasn't watching me- she wasn't.
"MIRIAM!"
I screamed at her. The scratching sound stopped, the came back.
Miriam turned the corner and sped towards me.
"Mei! Hi- woah.! You look horrible.."
Miriam stopped and immediately put her hands to my shoulders.
"Yea... when I can home last night... my mom- she won't let us be friends anymore! She thinks your a bad influence-"
"WHAT!?"
Miriam cut me off and put her hands aggressively on my shoulders.
"Bad influence- how wait- I can't stop being friends with you! Not when I li- IIIII THINK WE HAVE SCHOOL TO GO TO!" Miriam got all red and slammed her skateboard back down to the sidewalk.

School was particularly boring and sluggish. I had already explained to Abby and Priya what had gone on with my mom and let's just say we're all devastated.

Math class came before lunch, I sat next to Mir as I usually do and just put my head down.
"Is she okay..?"
The teacher approached us with concern. Usually they won't do that I'm usually much more enthused about math and I'm quite the opposite right now.
"Yes.. she's just have a rough start to the day."
Miriam explained to the teacher and put her hand on my back, rubbing up and down; giving me lots of extra comfort.
I eventually put my head up to pay attention and just allowed my limbs to loosely hang from my body like over cooked noodles.
I could feel myself dozing off again, but I tried to pull through-
What the?-
I look down to the feeling of sudden warmth.
Miriam was holding my hand...
Her fingers were intertwined with mine, her thumb rubbing my wrist as she jotted down notes..
Miriam never takes notes..?
I peek over at her paper as she's writing-
"Notes for Mei"
Written at the top of her book. Then I realized-
Aww she's taking notes for me!
I smiled softly and put my head down, knowing that I could comfortably take a nap.

I woke up to Miriam tapping my arm and packing away her things.
"Huh- oh. Thanks for letting me nap."
I smiled to her and stood up, stretching and swinging my bag over my shoulders.
"No problem, I took notes for you also, I'll give those to you later on."
She smiled and returned the calculator she had borrowed from the front of the classroom.

Me and the girls (plus Tyler) all ate in the auditorium today. We had special privileges and were allowed to eat on the stage. (Thanks to Priya for being apart of student council).